thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it great that the announcements tomorrow and nothings either leaked, or no one has a clue.

I think it builds the tension and surprise. I think Rudimental are the only for sure, with JT very close to be 100% aswell. Other than that we dont really know anyone

Yah

Very nice, I just was it a few days ago and it mentioned Mitchell so I thought it could be you. Keep up to good work.

Where do you get this idea? You have no idea how much acts cost.

Id like to know the prices festivals actually pay out to acts. Wonder if the acts have to sign a confidentiality paper saying they wont reveal their payday

Yes I know, but as they said 1 pricetag I said 2million for them both, meaning they both got 1million making them 1m headliners

I can see the level of snobbery already at that height even if they dont do V, unless they charge 1m then we cant have them because we cant have 2 1m headliners

What??

What??

Which bit are you querying?

The bit where I say both Jay Z and JT could have got half of a pay day from wireless,or the bit where I am jokingly saying V couldnt have 2 headliners each wanting 1million.

Kasabian turned down a sub slot last year for Glasto didnt they, saying they would only play if they headlined. Thats where I got the snobbery bit from

Kasabian turned down a sub slot last year for Glasto didnt they, saying they would only play if they headlined. Thats where I got the snobbery bit from

No, they just didn't get asked to headline. Apparently they accepted a sub slot this year, before being bumped up due to someone falling through.

No, they just didn't get asked to headline. Apparently they accepted a sub slot this year, before being bumped up due to someone falling through.

Ahh right. I thought I saw someone saying they turned down sub last year for a headline slot this year. Do you think it was Fleetwood Mac that fell through

Which bit are you querying?

The bit where I say both Jay Z and JT could have got half of a pay day from wireless,or the bit where I am jokingly saying V couldnt have 2 headliners each wanting 1million.

where are you getting these pricetags from? Nobody knows how much the headliners are paid, and 1 million is ridiculous for Justin Timberlake

And why would Kasabian charge 1m?

and why can't you have "2 1m headliners"

??????????????

Ahh right. I thought I saw someone saying they turned down sub last year for a headline slot this year. Do you think it was Fleetwood Mac that fell through

From what I can gather, it seems the original plan was to have Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode and Elbow, then Prince got pencilled in for the Sunday and Elbow were bumped down to sub. Then all three fell through, and FM were replaced by Arcade Fire, Prince was replaced by Kasabian, and no one knows what's happening on the Saturday now, though it sounds like it could be Metallica.

where are you getting these pricetags from? Nobody knows how much the headliners are paid, and 1 million is ridiculous for Justin Timberlake

And why would Kasabian charge 1m?

and why can't you have "2 1m headliners"

??????????????

Read the last few pages, I didnt come up with the JT charges 1 million figure. Someone said V couldnt have 2 headliners both charging 1 million each, so I pointed out that Wireless had JT and Jay Z, both of which could charge 1 million (well if JT can Jay Z could). Then I think someone else mentioned Kasabian, so I said (tounge in cheek) we cant have them if they charge 1 million, not being serious at all. I think having 2 headliners which charge a high price would be good for V as it might pull in more people and re build a bit of credibility

From what I can gather, it seems the original plan was to have Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode and Elbow, then Prince got pencilled in for the Sunday and Elbow were bumped down to sub. Then all three fell through, and FM were replaced by Arcade Fire, Prince was replaced by Kasabian, and no one knows what's happening on the Saturday now, though it sounds like it could be Metallica.

By fell through do you mean they were signed then cancelled, or they were who Michael Eavis wanted but couldnt get? I could believe the latter but not the first, with all 3 headliners signing then cancelling

By fell through do you mean they were signed then cancelled, or they were who Michael Eavis wanted but couldnt get? I could believe the latter but not the first, with all 3 headliners signing then cancelling

Probably the latter. However, I think Fleetwood Mac were probably booked, but cancelled due to one of them having cancer.

http://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/

probably makes the Pigeons and Seasick Steve very likely for V, as well as Sophie-Ellis Bextor, Lucy Spraggan, Shed Seven and Naughty Boy but we were expecting them anyway I think? Dizzee is a possible too although less likely than those. nobody else you'd expect to be at V really.

http://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/

probably makes the Pigeons and Seasick Steve very likely for V, as well as Sophie-Ellis Bextor, Lucy Spraggan, Shed Seven and Naughty Boy but we were expecting them anyway I think? Dizzee is a possible too although less likely than those. nobody else you'd expect to be at V really.

How come these acts are likely for V...? :)

How come these acts are likely for V...? :)

That other festival is the weekend after V, so acts playing that are a little more likey to play V aswell as they will be doing festivals around V time. Also, some of the ones mentioned by Zac are doing T as well, T and V usually share a fair few acts

Edited by daniel.k

That other festival is the weekend after V, so acts playing that are a little more likey to play V aswell as they will be doing festivals around V time. Also, some of the ones mentioned by Zac are doing T as well, T and V usually share a fair few acts

Sweet, thanks for that!

I think Naughty Boy is almost a definite for V.

Sophie could fit into the Beverly Knight styled spot easily.

Doubtful about Lucy being back, although she was very popular last year, but Seasick Steve and Pigeons could definitely return

I could see Naughty Boy 3rd from top in Arena, Sophie Ellis Bextor either Arena or MTV, Lucy early Arena if she is there, I dont know where Steve could go from last year and pigeons same as last year or maybe open main