thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that I wouldnt want to see Biffy at V

let's just say I know a group of about 20 guys that go to V nearly every year and we had a facebook debate over R&L and V - Biffy were at R&L and they were happy to being going V as they weren't.

A lot of V goers are happy as larry to pay and see all the mainstream chart stuff, dj stuff. A load of them are happy for Kasabian and probably the Arctics - but they are very different to Biffy.

And that means that V shouldn't book them because you don't want to see them?

At no point did I say they shouldnt book them, I just wouldnt want to see them there. Much like Kings of Leon, if Biffy were instead of KoL I would still be seeing Calvin Harris. If anyone wanted to see Biffy that much they would go to R&L like what I think thewayiam is saying

No why?

IMO phenomenal live. I don't like them at all, saw them at Glasto 2010 (due to friends saying that I really should), and wow! They were right. Saw them at the emirates a few weeks ago too, still fantastic.

Biffy are becoming more and more mainstream. They could certainly play V.

At no point did I say they shouldnt book them, I just wouldnt want to see them there. Much like Kings of Leon, if Biffy were instead of KoL I would still be seeing Calvin Harris. If anyone wanted to see Biffy that much they would go to R&L like what I think thewayiam is saying

Not quite that easy at £100 per day

IMO phenomenal live. I don't like them at all, saw them at Glasto 2010 (due to friends saying that I really should), and wow! They were right. Saw them at the emirates a few weeks ago too, still fantastic.

Started seeing muse live at the very start when they were amazing live, followed them around on several tours and even followed them around supporting skunk anansie(not a fan of skunk).

In my opinion they have been not very good live for the best part of 10 years, when you have to rely on lights and props it tells you alot.

His top 4 would be Beyonce. All 4 of them.

Nooo im trying to miss half of beyonce to see Steve Angello but I dont know if it would happen. Do you mean headlining their given stage over all the years of V, or am I limited to only the main stage headliners over the years?

If we go JUST people that headlined the main stage, id go for Muse, Coldplay, Eminem and Kings of Leon. If we go any stage headlining over any years id say Beyonce, David Guetta, Ed Sheeran and Calvin Harris.

What about everyone else

I don't think the question was exclusive to acts that have headlined a stage at V. Just any act ever.

And mine would be Kanye, Bowie, Nine Inch Nails and Biffy. After Leeds I'll have experienced 3 of those, unfortunately the last is likely to never happen :(

If it was limited to acts that have headlined at V, probably Scissor Sisters, Arctics, Beyonce and Oasis, despite Arctics being a bit bland live, and Liam Gallagher sound like toss.