Worst lineup year?

Guest Areophobia

...from the modern (2000 onwards) era?

I assume (wrongly probably :P) that most of us on here had our first Reading/Leeds during the 2000s, and am curious to see what people believe was the worst or weakest lineup of recent years?

Every year there is a reaction on here, and amongst our friends, against the lineup - but I wonder, what is genuinely the weakest?

I know this very subjective but I'm basing it on:

• Calibre of headliners
  • Strength of undercard
  • Variety of artists

If I had to pick I'd say 2007 or 2011, but thats just me.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I see your point - but objectively all the headliners (Main) are strong - Eminem and Green Day are humongous bands/artists and Biffy have become massive. Previous years we've had fairly unproven headliners such as MyChem, Razorlight, Franz, and arguably Arctics and arguably Arcade Fire (even though I love them) certainly weren't.

Yeah I detest it, Eminem & Green Day are abominations (IMO), not much a fan of NIN, chase are ok. It's more the undercard + NME that's made me hate it, the main stage isn't great and Editors below Lumineers has pissed me off so so much. The NME is a disgrace, Skrillex and Alt-J are 2 of the worst NME headliners I have ever seen, they are shocking, and the only decent NME headliner Phoenix, are opposite Biffy! Pisstake!

Yeah I detest it, Eminem & Green Day are abominations (IMO), not much a fan of NIN, chase are ok. It's more the undercard + NME that's made me hate it, the main stage isn't great and Editors below Lumineers has pissed me off so so much. The NME is a disgrace, Skrillex and Alt-J are 2 of the worst NME headliners I have ever seen, they are shocking, and the only decent NME headliner Phoenix, are opposite Biffy! Pisstake!

This is the thing. I don't really like Foos nor listen to The Cure but I can still appreciate that they are massive bands and that they were very strong bookings, the same I feel Eminem and Green Day are massive bands too.

What is different is that this year I feel they've got the subs right. C&S into Eminem makes so much more sense than say, The Prodigy into Arctics.

I think Main is really strong this year. NME, well... the headliners there are awful I will grant you that.