Car Parks 8pm Tuesday night? Confirmed yet?

Guest tinytim270183

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year since I can remember I've been arriving around 9-10am on the Wednesday morning, near Pedestrian Gate A, and every year until 2011 I've got through in about 10-15 minutes. Then in 2011, arriving at the same time, it took six hours. Now, I know that arriving early has become more and more popular but does anyone know why the discrepancy was so massive in 2011?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time doing the go-tuesday-night thing. I'm setting off from Newcastle early evening to arrive in the east car parks after midnight so I can just go straight to sleep in the car.

I've done west car parks every year that I've driven so far but after getting stuck in the worlds biggest tailback in '09 (it started on M5 at lunchtime and continued on up the A39 and A361 through Glastonbury town. We got on site at about 9pm, bloody ridiculous), I'm trying out something new.

Gonna sleep the entire day and set off about 10:30pm from Manchester, reckon we'll get there coming on 3am with wee and food and petrol stops. Planning to leave later on in the afternoon on Monday to let queues die down. Is this wise? I've got an uncle in Bristol who's recently had his business take off and got himself a reportedly very nice town house, he's let use have use of his guest bedrooms (yes, plural) on the Monday night so we can get a decent shower, sleep and shit in before tackling the voyage back to Manchester on Tuesday morning.

Leaving Manchester around 1pm tomorrow as camping at Greenacres site round corner from west carparks, probably leave there about 6.30amish on weds to join the queues. As last time in 2010 only 20mins in car but people queue at gate D was about 2hrs 30mins to get through gate maybe a bit longer

Hopefully will be the same if not less (I can hope lol)