radiohead

Guest russycarps

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! And the same damn thing happened to me. It was that gig (and the glastonbury one that year) that made me realise that kid A was in fact their masterpiece.

There is a perfect bootleg of that earls court gig (it was broadcast live on XFM). You NEED to hunt it down. It's amazing

its on this website, but I have no idea if it works or not

http://radiohead-bootlegs.tumblr.com/

the best thing about nerdy radiohead fans is that there are literally hundreds of bootlegs out there, of mostly ace quality. If the links on that site dont work others are really easy to track down

glastonbury 1997 and 2003 are also easy to get (and pristine quality), and anything from 90s to coachella 2012 really.

the best thing about nerdy radiohead fans is that there are literally hundreds of bootlegs out there, of mostly ace quality. If the links on that site dont work others are really easy to track down

glastonbury 1997 and 2003 are also easy to get (and pristine quality), and anything from 90s to coachella 2012 really.

Strictly from my perspective of course...

The boorishness in Oasis fanboys met its polar opposite in the smugness of Radiohead fanboys in the late 1990s. Both groups were craving that "great band" of their generation. Their appreciation manifested itself differently but they craved the same thing. An important band to justify their point in history.

Over the past decade or so nothing is as off-putting to me as hearing that someone's favourite band is Oasis or Radiohead. It is instant code for either "thuggish luddite" or "compulsive bore".

Anyone checked this out?

http://theukgold.co.uk/

It's a documentary scored by Thom (and Guy Garvey, and Robert del Naja from Massive Attack) and it's about tax avoidance in London. Definitely seems like something people around here would enjoy watching, in fact it's so Glasto it hurts.

Edited by dentalplan

I honestly think radiohead are head and shoulders above all those you've mentioned.

Still nowhere near the likes of bowie, the beatles etc mind.

But I understand why people who grew up in the 90s think they are the best thing ever, becaue I think they were better than all their peers from that era.

They will never be my favourite band though because I think the lyrics are a bit lacking

Fascinating. That you say "by a mile" even more so.

Without really thinking 'bout it much some of my faves Blur, Wilco, Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age, Massive Attack, Ween, Boards of Canada I'd put up there in terms of consistency and progression.

No question Radiohead are a formidible presence over the musical landscape over the past 20 years. On balance however, I'd say their negative influence has outweighed any positive contribution theyve made.

Without Radiohead we wouldnt have Coldplay and Keane fr'instance.

• 3 weeks later...