BoomTown 2013

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.... Ghetto Youths International - that's three of the Marley brothers (Damian, Stephen, and Julian) and more - are playing at Septon Park in Liverpool on Sun 25th Aug ... so perhaps it is them after all...?

Then again, they have a date in Spain the day before, and it seems unlikely they'd come to the UK and then leave again to come back again .... but Julian is definitely doing just that (cos he's playing Boomtown), so you never know.

If they don't turn up at Boomtown I'll just have to have an unrealistic hope that they might turn up at One Love ... they won't, but I can hope. :lol:

Surely the fact that Julian is making the journey already makes it very likely that they're doing the same. I bloody hope so, anyway.

well, one of the earlier press releases that we got for this year named Stephen and Damian as on the bill, and it's not really likely that they got there by mistake, is it?

Having said that, we were told that it was a mistake, so who knows? Perhaps they ended up with just Julian.

I'm not sure it's a "journey" for Julian - because he's English.

Meanwhile, when on the hunt for info yesterday I discovered that Julian has a lovely link from his website homepage to a story on eFestivals. Thanks Julian. :)

So have a bit of draw. BOOM! :D

Edited by eFestivals

It is a terrific festival can't knock it really. The Lion's Den has to be one of the best festival stages ever surely ? The sound was knock out on all the stages too especially in Tribe of Frog, although I thought they were pushing it a bit hard last night for Arrested Development.

Saw some great sets by some great bands....biggest love for Babyhead :-)

For me personally I was slightly perturbed when I first got there and security searched the van and told us the dogs were going to be put through, but the dogs were too busy going crazy in a couple of other vans so he gave up with us and let us in. I have never seen searching on that level at any other festival in 30 years, it was unpleasant.

I was also surprised at how very young it is, it could do with a few more grown ups to balance it out I think. All that site detail and the proper chaotic 'old skool' feel is wasted on them babby's. :derisive:

If Boomtown is your first festival, and I got the feeling it was for a lot of the kids there then it's going to ruin you for any other festival, I don't think you can match it.

Shame about the casualties and obviously the death. I don't think I've seen such busy paramedics at a festival for a good few years.

But all that said it is a fantastic festival, they're doing everything right.

Brother in law had his van turned out, proper full on search. Can't be that effective though because the van next to him was dealing Noz and other all weekend. Agree about the age range, it is the expected end of exam party and may explain why there were so many casualties. Was asked a lot by kids if I had any pills / weed. Two lads next to me at the urinals were discussing whether to take half a pill, go on, it'll be fine, don't care what it is etc. They had no idea what they would get and what it would do but the pill was the thing apparently. After the warnings following the death it wasn't the best approach.

I watched security pulling people out of Funkinton Gardens for 15 minutes on Sunday night, using the line "we just want the pills and powder son", after the 5 searches taking place next to me they found nowt. Not the best way to deal with it, just made them look like dicks.

Kizzie, you are right that the Lions Den is the dogs danglies and I not sure how you would top that. Babyhead and Selecter massive highlights, as was Beans on Toast playing his biggest ever crowd and even shotgunning a can of K during the set. Now I need some sleep before Beautiful Days this weekend.

When we got there we were told that the police dogs had just finished. This was about 5pm on Thursday. We were also told that two of the dogs slept and the third barked at everything for most of the day. I was told off for waiting to be searched and hurried through!

They certainly wanted to appear thorough but they were failing miserably to control drug use - it was very clearly going on all over the site and most people weren't hiding it at all.

The festival did just what I wanted it to - I saw loads of music I wouldn't have seen anywhere else (quick mention of Hey! Moonshaker who were phenomenal on the bandstand in Mayfair at some time on one of the days of the festival) and there was that slightly edgy, anarchic spirit that used to be everywhere at Glastonbury. For the record, I thought Hidden Woods and Tribe of Frog were the best stages but I agree that The Lion's Den is very special too.