Hyde Park 2013

Guest mahoneypepe

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next year the should just stick to 3 solid days.

Next year it'll be unlikely they could book an act that would sell two dates at hyde park out such as the stones

This 'family day' will be a disaster so thats down to 4 dates.

I think lionel richie will struggle to sell out hyde park and bon jovi ticket sales seem to be struggling.

Would be a much better idea to secure 3 solid headliners

If I lived anywhere near London I would go for The Beach Boys then leave before JLS. Its hard to see what they're really aiming that day at. I know its called a family day but the mix of bands is just insane.

The Elton John day looks pretty good in terms of having three massive legendary acts but none of the other days seem that impressive overall.

Well the Stones will be using Hyde Park as their pay day in order to warrant playing Glastonbury, so they'll want a huge cut of the £££$$$. Meaning I doubt AEG will be making that much profit from those two dates alone. Plus next year it's doubtful they'll have an act this big to rely on filling up two dates.

Bon Jovi play everywhere all over the UK pretty much year after year, they played Hyde Park in 2011. Although they always seem to shift enough (not all) tickets, they can't rely on them every year. The under card is also a little strange.

Elton is helped by the fact he has a fairly strong under card (Ray Davies, Elvis Costello) & doesn't usually do festival/open air gigs.

But as for the other two dates, what the hell. I mean J-LO & Lionel was a strange enough pairing, but The Beach Boys & JLS is ridiculous. I can't see those two dates selling very well what so ever. It's a total miss-mash of styles/fan bases that I just don't think will work for anybody.

I wouldn't be surprised to see AEG scaling back next year to a 3 day event or at least changing the demographic. So sticking with the BST on the first weekend targeting the older generation & then a more modern/pop/ line up the following weekend. Similar to how Live Nation used to run HRC & Wireless in Hyde Park.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just seeing that the Horrors are headlining some tent at Hyde Park on the 13th July. Really like them but suppose that means they are on the same time as the Stones?

I don't mind as long as I get mine before 12th July which is when I fly over. No post in N.Ireland either on 12th as its a public holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly missing out on Glasto this year but have got tickets to the Rolling Stones at Hyde Park the week after.

Do you think the set list will differ wildly from Glasto?

Will they play for longer or about the same?

Can we expect more of a stage show than Glasto which can be restrictive even for headliners?

I've not had an e-mail or anything. They are saying they will still be sent but they are waiting on more tickets from the promoter allegedly.

What i dont understand is the fact that they have sent out tickets for the following week and the tickets are identical, surely they would send out all the ones for the first date first?