Word Association Game

SHALL

@oneeye I've been there too.  Three lots of brain surgery for hydrocephalus as an adult - two shunts and then several years later a recurrance and they had to drill a hole in my forhead and create a new natural drain channel.  Only problem was it the op knackered my memory.  They managed to cut the link between (in computing terms) between my desktop (thought processing) and my hard drive (stored memories).  So when I came round the surgeons were excited that they'd saved my life but I didn't recognise my wife, my kids or know who I was.  I had to give up work and sat at home while my mind constructed new neural pathways to link my desktop and hard drive.  Six months of  sitting in the garden reflecting and with support and encouragement from my family I went back to college and retrained as an adult ed tutor - my third career.  It was a great time being a tutor but I'm now a happily retired old fart.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

FAKE

I know there are mixed views on tribute bands.  But some are the only way you'll see great classics performed live.  The Small Fakers make a pretty good stab at it.

PLASTIC 

A good mate of mine lives in Preston and they have a festival every year called Rockprest which is all tribute acts. I've been a couple of times and some of them are really good and others decidedly average!

FANTASTIC

I think you have a first division of tribute bands including The Bootleg Beatles and Australian Pink Floyd, who put on great shows with all the staging and sets to match.  Also worth catching the Classic Rock Show tours.  If we stuck to the rule that only the original composers and performers can play then we wouldn't have any Beethoven or Brahmns any more either.