Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some advice / help please, first time at Benicassim.

We are flying into Valencia at 23:40 on the 19th July from Manchester and have booked a hotel in Castellon for the fri, sat and sun night.

Can you please advise best and cheapest way to get to Castellon, as we are staying over night there, before going to the festival on the Sat and Sun. Looking on the net, and because of the time, its looking like its gonna cost me £90 in a taxi (as trains stop before then?). Any other options / advice appreciated (I dont want to hire a car as I will be drunk!!!)

Also for the Sat and Sun, whats it like getting from Castellon to the festival (and home again)?Are there trains, buses etc to get to and from the festival site from Castellon. Don't wanna be queuing for an hour at 5-6 in the morning for a cab if I can help it, and any idea of costs?

On Monday afternoon we are heading down to Benidorm for 5 days to 'chill out' / get wasted and fly back to Liverpool from Alicante. Anyone know what's the best and fairly cheap way to get from Castellon (or Valencia) to Benidorm and how much this is likely to cost?

Only booked the flights, hotels and tickets this week, leaving everything to last minute as usual. So any help and experience is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Hey, got some more questions:

1) Tents. Do people take them or get them in Spain. If so, how? Do people strap it to their suitcase, inside it or generally get a cheap one there?

2) Spending money? I was thinking about £200.

3) Supermarket locations, names? Would be nice to look them up before hand

4) How good is the beach for drinks, and food? I take it there are some nice places near by? Is there a high street of sorts?

5) Were campfires used, or do people not bother? Just thinking for light at night

6) Time for people to sleep? Is it just whenever, or during the day (when music is on)? If the music goes from 6pm - 6am, do people sleep during the day, and make use of the beach during the days before the festival?

Thank you!

Edited by Habylab

1) Tents. Do people take them or get them in Spain. If so, how? Do people strap it to their suitcase, inside it or generally get a cheap one there?

4) How good is the beach for drinks, and food? I take it there are some nice places near by? Is there a high street of sorts?

5) Were campfires used, or do people not bother? Just thinking for light at night

6) Time for people to sleep? Is it just whenever, or during the day (when music is on)? If the music goes from 6pm - 6am, do people sleep during the day, and make use of the beach during the days before the festival?

Thank you!

If you forget anything/can't carry everything can you buy things like lamps or sheet to put above your tent kind of thing and camping chairs? :)

Oh and we get to the campsite Wednesday evening but we have got a paid for tent up for us already, I was just wondering if there was a designated area where these tents go and anything else you can think of about these? :)

Do they sell cocktails? If not do they just sell spirits/beer/wine? :)

Appreciate everyones responses!

Edited by bongo1972

Hi,

I did the rent a tent thing last year and booked it again for this year, if it's set up in the same place it's near the entrance to main campsite near the stalls and beer tent great spot.

We're getting there monday but you will have no worries on the wednesday as they are all put up and reasonably spaced out and pretty much all under shade in this area.

In the arena beer, spirits, soft drinks available at main bars but there were a few cocktail stalls as well, great mojitos!!!

Hope this helps not long now!!!!! :beach:

Thank you!

So excited however I'm meant to be going with 1 friend who I'm starting to fear will let me down...so the worst case scenario is me going alone! Has anyone any experience of doing this? How did you find it? Is it generally easy to find a group to take you in haha? I don't want to end up missing out but at the same time I don't want to go out there and have a rubbish time on my lonesome! Any advice/info much appreciated :)

Edited by Chelseadele

So excited however I'm meant to be going with 1 friend who I'm starting to fear will let me down...so the worst case scenario is me going alone! Has anyone any experience of doing this? How did you find it? Is it generally easy to find a group to take you in haha? I don't want to end up missing out but at the same time I don't want to go out there and have a rubbish time on my lonesome! Any advice/info much appreciated :)

I was in same position last year and went it alone!!! Had a great time got talking to a few people on fib facebook page beforehand and exchanged numbers and met them there. Made loads of friends and had a great time as everyone is so friendly at Beni. Going with 3 others this year feel free to tag along

Personally if there was anyone sat outside their tent on their own or even as a couple I would invite them into our group (which I'm sure I will end up doing), whatever sex/race/age they are. I think most people would do the same. Just make sure you bring your own beers!!!

The Spanish in general don't do cider do they? A mate of mine isn't really fond of spirits or lager. I'm partial to a cider or two myself but for him it's a bit more important for him. Any ideas, Cider in the local supermarkets or at FIB?