Benicassim 2013!

Guest STEatT

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Me and a few friends are going to Beni this year and have all our tickets and everything ready, however I've noticed that when ordering the tickets I entered one of my friends name slightly wrong. The name on our ticket is 'Jake' but the name on his passport is 'Jacob' and I've seen somewhere that the name on the ticket must match the name on the I.D.

Do you think as the mistake is so slight the security may let us off? Or would they likely to have a problem with it. I'm anxious to find out as I cant think of anything worse than flying over there to be turned away at the gates!

I've tried their 'Contact us' page on their website twice now and facebook messaged their account but so far no news at all, so I was hoping one of you could give me some advice!

Cheers

Edited by Rowan333

There was about 15 of us last year and we didn't have a problem doing this, the staff sometimes try to tell you which way to lay your campsite out as i don't think they like there being huge spaces. Also depends on what day you arrive.

There was about 15 of us last year and we didn't have a problem doing this, the staff sometimes try to tell you which way to lay your campsite out as i don't think they like there being huge spaces. Also depends on what day you arrive.

Quick question its our first year going and theres going to be 15-20 of us all with seperate tents, will we all get a spot together (idealy all cicrled round with a big space in the centre)

thanks, sam

We are going to benidorm after the festival, anyone any ideas the best way to get there from benicassim?

Only way I can see at the mo is going from benicassim to alicante on eufest coaches/ train then from alicante to benidorm on some kind of transfers but if there is an easier way would be great! Thanks :)

We are going to benidorm after the festival, anyone any ideas the best way to get there from benicassim?

Only way I can see at the mo is going from benicassim to alicante on eufest coaches/ train then from alicante to benidorm on some kind of transfers but if there is an easier way would be great! Thanks :)

Quick question! Went to Benicassim last year and ordered two tickets at the same time which meant they both had my name on to match my card details. This time ordered two tickets at two different times again for a friend.. both have my name again, is this a problem? Just hope nothings changed from last year! Thanks.

Hi, i've been to a few festivals but this is my first year abroad and therefore at Benicassim so i've just got a few questions!

First thing is me and my girlfriend as using backpacks but i am unsure how to bring the tent as we are flying ryanair and they are pretty dodgy when it comes to baggage! Just wondering how other people have gone about this in previous years?

Another is how secure is your tent when your not there? Is there many cases of people's things being taken from their tents? My fear is my passport and money going missing but i don't really want to carry it around with me.

Appreciate any advice or tips from anyone!

Hi,

It's my first time at benicassim this year so just wanted some info to have a bit of peace of mind.

Is the best way to travel from airport to the festival the coaches (eufest) or train?

Will arriving at the camp site at night be ok & easy enough to navigate to get our heads down before setting up properly in the morning?

How do people carry their tent on the plane journey? Our plan is to get pop up tents and stick them in a suitcase, don't know if that's the best plan?

How safe is the campsite for everything?

Does anyone have any tips for first timers at the festival (as I've definitely forgotten most of my Qs)?

DP313 and Tom, Thanks for the replies, really useful.

I think I was assuming that everyone arrives as early as possible on the first day and it's all a bit hectic at 9am on the Monday. Is that the case or do most people arrive later in the week? We really want a good pitch near the showers and a bar if possible!

Hi,

New to E-Festivals, and just wanted some advice about what sort of ages go to benicassim.

I've done Glasto a few years ago and loved it, but didn't even get round a quarter of it. I fancy benicassim with the old man (who's never done a festival). I'm 40 and he's 47. We'd deffo go down the hotel route, rather than any camping. Everything I read says the festival is for a younger crowd, whereas Glasto is from 0 to 100 literally!

Would we be too old and stick out like sore thumbs, looking like the oldest swingers in town?!

Hi, don't know what villacamp is like but at campfest last year we got allocated a place so can't really choose to be next to showers or bar. Double edged sword anyway being near showers as usually busy and therefore noisy.

Drugs are around but my wife and I took our 16 and 14 year old boys last year (first time festival too at 46) but they weren't bothered by pushers. Just have to accept it being there but as others have said just a pretty strong dope smell hanging in the air. It's good that there are others going of your kids ages so you can leave then to their own devices and not cramp their style, mine last year probably got a bit embarrassed by fat bald dad dancing after a bit! So much so they didn't want to come this year so my wife and I are going by ourselves then they are joining us afterwards for 2 weeks in hotel.

You'll have a fantastic time, it's not just the festival though, it's everything - the sun, the people, the beer, the locals, water park, go karting

Say hello if you see another fat bald bloke with his wife about your age - there aren't many of us there!!

Hi,

New to E-Festivals, and just wanted some advice about what sort of ages go to benicassim.

I've done Glasto a few years ago and loved it, but didn't even get round a quarter of it. I fancy benicassim with the old man (who's never done a festival). I'm 40 and he's 47. We'd deffo go down the hotel route, rather than any camping. Everything I read says the festival is for a younger crowd, whereas Glasto is from 0 to 100 literally!

Would we be too old and stick out like sore thumbs, looking like the oldest swingers in town?!

Edited by gedkelly

i'm 52 , my wife 50 , Li Li 45 and if i told you how old paula is she would punch me . Its our 4th year and age is but a number , our only concession to age is r kez takes this rug type thing we put on the grassed area at the back of the main arena . get drunk , dance and enjoy yourselves xxxx

Hi,

Hello!

Me and the missus are 52 n 53, first time at Benni, done Glasto, (couldn't get ticks this yr) n lots of others. A. monkeys looked good on telly last night, don't know what to make of the accent with Alex though, hope just a showbiz thang!!

Looking forward to 'AN HOUR' of the stones tonight. Thought it funny Liam rocked up and no-one noticed, too early for the bbc anyway, and if theres any clash i'll be at J. Marrs set, anyway (monobrow just winds me up).

So look out for the old farts, coming to a festie near you, V. :music: SOON NOW GUYS