Leaving the baby at home?

Guest Dizzy2012

Glad to be back on here with less than a year till G again! Have had to stay away since July as it's been so depressing knowing there's nothing to look forward to....

Except the arrival of our first born!! :)

Due in October, he'll be 9months old or just under..... have any of you had any experience in leavuing your little one behind at this age? Do you think it's awful of us or manageable? I know our views will change but G is just such a big thing in our lives, can't imagine missing it if we don't have to.

Will be bringing the LO in 2014 and will prob campervan but think 9months is just too young yet.

We will have my parents and in laws who'll love to have them from Wednesday - Monday so wondering, what do you think and any tips or advice?

All this is presuming we get tickets in Oct of course!!!!

Cheers guys

I've not got direct experience but I can't see any reason why not to go to Glastonbury as your child will be in safe hands. On top of that you'll have mobile communication to stay in touch with whatever baby sitter is on duty. Plus I bet the granparents would love it.

The only negative I can think of is whether the child would still need breast milk (assuming he or she is feeding that way). I have no idea whether a child of 9 months still breast feeds or not. If so then you can store it up I think.

Our parents had words with us this year as they didn't get "their week" of babysitting our kids. However we are now under serious pressure from the older kids to take them with us.

9 months should be fine to be with grandparents, feeding regime permitting, and although I am an advocate of kids at festies we have selfishly kept Glasto to ourselves so far....they come to other festivals, but not Glastonbury yet.

Our parents had words with us this year as they didn't get "their week" of babysitting our kids. However we are now under serious pressure from the older kids to take them with us.

9 months should be fine to be with grandparents, feeding regime permitting, and although I am an advocate of kids at festies we have selfishly kept Glasto to ourselves so far....they come to other festivals, but not Glastonbury yet.

my mate and his wife left their baby at home with grandparents a few festivals ago and spent a lot of it feeling guilty for doing so. Thing is they went into it questioning whether they should, so was always going to be an issue.

Everyone is different though of course as other people I know have done it and enjoyed having time off, it's only 4 days really

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson Monkey

Here we are! If you really don't think you can manage without glasto for a few years and the wonders of parenting don't fully satisfy you, and you have an automatic baby sitter, then what is stopping you? You will avoid carting tons of paraphernalia around in crowds, compromising what you do etc. Get so destroyed you forget you have children

I missed the 40th anniversary As I was pregnant, but attended last year (2011) and left my 7 month old son with daddy! I missed him loads but made the end of the weekend more bare able ;) couldn't wait to get home! It's good to have your own time, and good for the baby to get used to you not being there 24/7. We all need a break :D

I missed the 40th anniversary As I was pregnant, but attended last year (2011) and left my 7 month old son with daddy! I missed him loads but made the end of the weekend more bare able ;) couldn't wait to get home! It's good to have your own time, and good for the baby to get used to you not being there 24/7. We all need a break :D