tenacious d

Guest lharris92

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them at Leeds too & it was painful. Tribute was fun but that was 5 minutes out of a looooong hour. They were booked in that slot at R&L to give the crowd a rest between Slipknot (who subsequently pulled out) & Metallica, much like Bill Bailey at Soni last year. Their high slot at Download this year could've gone to a proper band, not just some subpar cabaret to amuse the spastics looking for megalolz. 'Jack Black said tits lolz'

I saw them at Leeds too & it was painful. Tribute was fun but that was 5 minutes out of a looooong hour. They were booked in that slot at R&L to give the crowd a rest between Slipknot (who subsequently pulled out) & Metallica, much like Bill Bailey at Soni last year. Their high slot at Download this year could've gone to a proper band, not just some subpar cabaret to amuse the spastics looking for megalolz. 'Jack Black said tits lolz'

Imagine....them, in a pantomime horse & saying tits?!?! ZOMG the megalolz will be AMAZEBALLS!

We were quite near the front at Leeds as we wanted a good spot for Metallica. A friend made the observation that the people enjoying 'The D' looked like they all owned an 8 sided dice.

Why is everyone dissing the D? They recorded the best song in the world (in a photo booth sized studio no less) and also defeated the devil just with a guitar. True story. I saw a documentary on it once. I'd rather have them than Tim Minchin headlining a stage for sure. I know that I will be there singing my head off. Unless it's raining then I might go in a tent or something. Probably.

Why is everyone dissing the D? They recorded the best song in the world (in a photo booth sized studio no less) and also defeated the devil just with a guitar. True story. I saw a documentary on it once. I'd rather have them than Tim Minchin headlining a stage for sure. I know that I will be there singing my head off. Unless it's raining then I might go in a tent or something. Probably.

Fair point and fair criticism. It would be poor form and I would be eligible to be called words both offensive to certain groups within society. If you can find one I take offence at I'll buy you a pint of Tuborg or even a pear cider with an umbrella in it. Dunno about everyone else but I can't wait for it, I'm literally counting down the hours.

Fair point and fair criticism. It would be poor form and I would be eligible to be called words both offensive to certain groups within society. If you can find one I take offence at I'll buy you a pint of Tuborg or even a pear cider with an umbrella in it. Dunno about everyone else but I can't wait for it, I'm literally counting down the hours.

Edited by 2rare2die