3rd Headliner?

Guest JJOKOCHA

How the hell can The Black keys be compared to Arcade Fire? Arcade Fire had played high up in the tent and subbed prior to them headlining, they had previous form. There's no way The Black Keys would go straight in as headliners. Also The Suburbs was released after they were announced but before the festival (a few weeks before, which was pefect timing fo them to capitalise on the boost it gave them) while The Black Keys' album has already been released so there's nothing to push them up to headliner status in between now and the festival.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kasabian, Foos and Black Keys, although quite similar, would be brilliant. All three are perfect headline material as all put on great shows.

Kasabian get a lot of bad press, seen as taking over the mantle of 'lad rock' from oasis but they are one of the best live bands on the circuit, and their music offers quite a bit of experimentation (can hear a lot of xtrmntr Primal Skream in tracks). Personally I feel they are are worthy of headline status.

There is a real lack of headline size British acts around presently, I can only really think of Biffy being ready to take the step up (large back catalogue, recent commercial success, hardcore following). Elbow? The Prodigy?

That whole group of bands that came through around 2005 such as Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Klaxons, Editors and Franz Ferdinand never really pushed on to be the new headliners (decline in quality, too long between albums)

Personally I don't think any act with less than 3 albums should be any higher than sub or headline the second stage

Just spoke about this in V forum but it could be Mumford & Sons. Neil said they aren't co-headlining with The Killers.

As much as people hate them, their debut sold absolutely fuck loads, and Im sure if a festival had to choose who to book as headliner between Mumford or Bloc Party, it would be Mumford. They're just more current, and a lot of people won't have seen them live yet, making them a big draw

Kasabian, Foos and Black Keys, although quite similar, would be brilliant. All three are perfect headline material as all put on great shows.

Kasabian get a lot of bad press, seen as taking over the mantle of 'lad rock' from oasis but they are one of the best live bands on the circuit, and their music offers quite a bit of experimentation (can hear a lot of xtrmntr Primal Skream in tracks). Personally I feel they are are worthy of headline status.

There is a real lack of headline size British acts around presently, I can only really think of Biffy being ready to take the step up (large back catalogue, recent commercial success, hardcore following). Elbow? The Prodigy?

That whole group of bands that came through around 2005 such as Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Klaxons, Editors and Franz Ferdinand never really pushed on to be the new headliners (decline in quality, too long between albums)

Personally I don't think any act with less than 3 albums should be any higher than sub or headline the second stage

R.E.M broke up this year

Sonic Youth are rumoured to be playing their last ever show at Lollapalooza, which is such a sad moment

The Verve have gone back to hating each other

Eminem doesn't play live... no point.

Pixies would be cool, but have no real reason to play.

The Black Keys are possible I guess, but It would be incredibly weak.

The Cure... I still think are the best Choice

Green Day... I still think it will be them

Bloc Party... If they're the headliners then holy crap that's shit. Can see them subbing... or just missing this year and headlining next.

Linkin Park would be dire.

Rammstein... not going to happen.

QOTSA - Have done nothing to warrant headlining. Hopefully they will make it to headliner status one day. Deserve it.

R.E.M broke up this year

Sonic Youth are rumoured to be playing their last ever show at Lollapalooza, which is such a sad moment

The Verve have gone back to hating each other

Eminem doesn't play live... no point.

Pixies would be cool, but have no real reason to play.

The Black Keys are possible I guess, but It would be incredibly weak.

The Cure... I still think are the best Choice

Green Day... I still think it will be them

Bloc Party... If they're the headliners then holy crap that's shit. Can see them subbing... or just missing this year and headlining next.

Linkin Park would be dire.

Rammstein... not going to happen.

QOTSA - Have done nothing to warrant headlining. Hopefully they will make it to headliner status one day. Deserve it.