Marilyn Manson

Guest the_mars_volta

Marilyn Manson is touring Europe in June and July. Playing Milan on July 11th so I'd expect to see him taking one of the higher slots at Sonisphere rather than Download or Reading now.

New album Born Villain is out next month and the first single, No Reflection, is expected to surface online any day now.

Marilyn Manson is touring Europe in June and July. Playing Milan on July 11th so I'd expect to see him taking one of the higher slots at Sonisphere rather than Download or Reading now.

New album Born Villain is out next month and the first single, No Reflection, is expected to surface online any day now.

Marilyn Manson would be a great billing for the Friday .... help add to the usual carnival spirit, especially if Kiss headlined that day.

Mastodon are a great band and have done two blinding performances at Soni so far .... but their billing could be affected by having recently toured and already playing 2 out of the 3 sonispheres so far.

What are Alice in Chains doing at the moment? If they played Soni again i'd buy my ticket immediately!

To be fair I heard on his own tour in 2009 he was brilliant, but he was terrible at Download. I couldn't go see him on his own show as it was the same night Them Crooked Vultures were playing here. His new album is meant to be a return to form as such, but I guess we'll see, it's certainly a risky booking, if he pulls it off then it's great, but equally he might be terrible.

I'm guessing you are talking bout 05 as that was the last time he played... as far as I can tell that gig was pretty much universally praised.. a few of my mates have said it was one of the best gigs they've ever been to and surely that was in his prime? In fact he seems to have played Reading on all his most succesful and praised tours (i.e. 1997, 2001 and 2005). The vids I've seen from all three gigs look insanely good.

Mastodon won't sub unfortunately and yeah as said earlier I reckon Evanescence will play and either Sub or headline Saturn. I'm going with something like this at the moment:

Queen

KoRn w/ Skrillex

Faith No More

Incubus

Marilyn Manson

???

The Offspring

Evanescence

Can't remember the year but you are probably right, I would say '05 people in the UK/R&L goers were moving away from that kind of music & starting get into indie eg Kasabian etc so I doubt '05 was his peak.

I can safely say he was not universally praised from anyone I spoke to.