metronomy

deadmau5

logistics

the middle east

lostprophets

the shins

ed sheeran

the midnight beast

+sack off florence (i was hoping for snoop dogg/the cure/blur)

Can we expect many more announcements now? After the initial annoncement many months ago and the further announcement of Flo and Stevie, there hasn't really been many other music announcements. Most other festivals drip feed acts over weeks, but Bestival haven't seemed to have done this.

Not complaining in any way, more than happy with what we have already, just wondered if we can expect many more music announcements now?

It's bit odd with the announcements, he does build them up, then sort of back tracks just before saying it's not as big we think...then he announces yeah pretty much what you described :P

Not sure how many "known" acts there would be left to announced. Didn't he say there was a few to be announced with florence? but then when she was said that's the last of the bigish acts? Dunno its all a bit odd how they do it :P

I suppose its clever marketing. With demand for festival tickets waining at them moment, you have to get in their quick get the festival goer to part with their hard earned cash. I suspect most festival goers are “one festival a year” people. Hence they need to get these people signed up as early as possible in the festival year, so they don’t choose another festival over theirs. By naming most of your main line up early then you stand a better chance of getting the “one festival a year” punter signed up early. Any subsequent announcements will just be icing on the cake, rather than encouraging new people to go to the festival

Most people on these boards are festival mad so would probably go to more than one a year. But I am not sure that most festival goers could afford more than one per year. I can only justify one, maybe 2, each year, because of the cost (£500+ by the time you add your beer, food and travel costs). And I have a family so find it hard to justify any more time away from the kids and her indoors

Wouldn't mind some more acts, around similar size to Miike Snow. I'm not bothered about half the line-up this year, which makes a change from last year, so something like Passion Pit, etc would be nice.

Either way, yeah, the Bestival announcements are weird. Felt better last year.

There's a fair whack of stunning names this year IMO. Sigur Ros, Spiritualized, Justice, De La Soul, Stevie Wonder, Orbital.

I think the big thing this year though, is New Order vs The Cure. I like and want to see New Order, but they've not got the same magical appeal as The Cure. I mean, barely anyone does, but I haven't got the prospect of watching one of my favourite bands that I haven't yet seen play a long headline set.

I don't think you can compare The Cure with New Order. New Order this year is probably more on par with Bjork from last year. If you want to sell tickets, it'd probably be fairer to compare The Cure with Stevie Wonder; that's the 'wow' announcement this year and one more likely to draw people in.