Optimus Alive camping and travel

Guest Sadie Eggleton

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. Me and my friend are going to do camping as well. Only now i realize how crazy this idea was as we've never been camping out at music festivals. As far as I know the stage opens at 5 p.m. Are there any suggestions & ideas what's worth doing before the music starts? Another question... is OA an alchohol-free event. I mean can i bring my own alcohol to the place?

Sorry for asking obvious things, as i said i'm lacking any experience in the subject.

p.s. pardon for my enligh. not a native speaker :unsure:

Hi libertine! Welcome to the group. It's not crazy at all - just make sure your tent is in shade as you will have to be awake and out of your tent by 7am otherwise because of the heat!! The campsite looks pretty cool, there is a bar, pool and other facilities. I would look up on a Lisbon tourist website for things to do, sure there will be loads of stuff - I hope so anyway! You have to buy alcohol in the arena, you're not allowed to bring your own in, but I think the prices are ok...you can obviously have your own in the campsite. p.s. Your English is good!

Kev - you could try a hotel or other campsites nearby? Good luck dude.

Thanks for your reply, Superscally. I haven't considered going out to the city during the fest.. now i'll look that way. Plenty of things can be done before 5 p.m. Yet who knows.. perhaps spending time in a camping will captivate us completely )) Pool, bars, sport games... all that sounds terrific! Will see.

Yes, Lisbon should be great and I've already booked the other 4 nights in the city for doing tourist staff after Optimus. Actually the festival will be my starting point of a three week's journey all over Portugal. Hope it will be a good one )

Superscally, have you got any room left?

Two friends of a friend have tried to get into one of our bungalows but we only have one bed left!

All I know is they're two girls and they're Kiwis! Not sure they'd want to stay for the whole week though. Let me know either way please and I'll pass onto my mate. Ta!

i'm doing a 730 mile charity bike ride from Morocco to Portugal in July, just over a 100 miles a day, and i'm finishing in Lisbon with this fest as my well done to myself :D

Was going to camp, but have ended up getting a hotel 6k from the festival site, looking forward to it! :D

First post on this forum so be gentle with me...

...first time going to Optimus this year but I've been to Beni a couple of years ago so I was wondering - at the Optimus festival campsite, are there many tress quite close together so I can a) pitch up tent in the shade and b ) able to hang a hammock?

Cheers in advance...can't wait til July! :D

Edited by jjpatel6

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

I've a question! I bought 3 days pass to the festival (without camping) a few months back and my friend and I finally decide to do the camping. Do you guys feel its still possible to purchase the camping tickets at the time of arrival? Or do you guys have any idea where are the other camping site is located at?

PS: if you're still looking for people to share a bungalow etc, do let me know.

Hi All

This will be my first time camping abroad. Does anyone know if the campsite will be bad for mozzies and other bugs? I've been advised to invest in ant powder or we may get an infestation but are there any other litttle critters I should be worried about?

Thanks

Fi

hi guys,

this will be my first camping music festival so little confused, little excited about how it will go down. i have bought the ticket that involves camping so kinda reading on the website there will be shuttle buses that take us from the campsite to the festival? also i got a flight 9am on monday morning, you think just power through or how easy is it get from the festival to the airport?

sorry about the essay there.

Hiya fellow festival goers. We (my wife, my son, and his girlfriend) are riding motorbikes down, catching the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander on the tuesday before, staying overnight in Santander and riding on through to the campsite on the thursday. Is anyone else booked on this route to ride with us????

This is a very informative forum, top notch.

Jeff