The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Be like a brexiter and convince yourself indy is only good. 

nothing in the world is "only good"

except Laphroag

2 minutes ago, lost said:

Sturgeons been found to have mislead parliament according to sky news. Humza Yousaf next up for leader?

Why should she resign? They have apparently not found that she "knowingly" misled parliament, which is the offence that requires resignation. UK ministers including the PM blatantly & intentionally mislead parliament regularly.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Why should she resign? They have apparently not found that she "knowingly" misled parliament, which is the offence that requires resignation. UK ministers including the PM blatantly & intentionally mislead parliament regularly.

You used to claim better politician in Scotlsnd with integrity not grasping power hungry types equal to the worst tories

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

You used to claim better politician in Scotlsnd with integrity not grasping power hungry types equal to the worst tories

Well, not sure I ever said that exactly, but then you have a great gift for telling others what they have said & what they think. 

If I said they are better than grasping power hungry Tories, I wouldn't suggest I have been proved wrong.

🙂

To try and take this away from the inevitable Political Punch & Judy Show that this has become - not to be confused with the Richard & Judy Show.

It is  sad that very few people seem to even try to understand what a difficult position these accusations against Salmond put Sturgeon in. We too often forget that politicians are real people and face exactly the same conflicts between personal loyalty & doing what's right as the rest of us do. Are we all that confident that we would have done better than Sturgeon in the situation she found herself in?

Sadly, the prism through which we view politicians prevents us empathising with them - she's not a woman  faced with an almost impossible decision, she is nasty (or Nazi) Nic, or the Poison Dwarf (hi Neil!) or wee Jimmy Krankie. Pick you own pantomime villain to shout abuse (and worse) at.

Am I absolving myself of sin here? Am I a paragon of virtue amongst a nest of vipers? Of course I'm not. I don't think any of us are (except Neil of course because he is perfect and has no bias or preconceptions and is only motivated by the relentless pursuit of truth and justice)  

I will freely admit that I don't like Tories in general (except ken Clarke) and B Johnson in particular. But I try to avoid personal insults and childish name calling - I'm not perfect though & I can't help myself, from time to time, pointing out that Tories are, by and large, C&nts. 

Bearing in mind the sorry and sometimes disgraceful way in which the political establishment throughout the UK has dealt with allegations of sexual misconduct over many years, I think Sturgeon's behaviour stands up pretty well.

Anyway - all may not be what it seems

image.png.f5ddf8a9114397a04097039b2bb16a23.png

Just now, LJS said:

To try and take this away from the inevitable Political Punch & Judy Show that this has become - not to be confused with the Richard & Judy Show.

It is  sad that very few people seem to even try to understand what a difficult position these accusations against Salmond put Sturgeon in.

Even the tories know to suspend their rapey types when they hear about it sturgeon continued to chamption salmond despite knowing of loads of rumours about him over many years.

Just now, LJS said:

We too often forget that politicians are real people and face exactly the same conflicts between personal loyalty & doing what's right as the rest of us do.

I've had to act in the past I didn't duck it because ignoring was the easy option.

Just now, LJS said:

re we all that confident that we would have done better than Sturgeon in the situation she found herself in?

Yes.ignoring is the easy option.

Just now, LJS said:

Sadly, the prism through which we view politicians prevents us empathising with them - she's not a woman  faced with an almost impossible decision, she is nasty (or Nazi) Nic, or the Poison Dwarf (hi Neil!) or wee Jimmy Krankie. Pick you own pantomime villain to shout abuse (and worse) at.

Skarenis quick to scream outage at less outrageous stuff.

Just now, LJS said:

Am I absolving myself of sin here? Am I a paragon of virtue amongst a nest of vipers? Of course I'm not. I don't think any of us are (except Neil of course because he is perfect and has no bias or preconceptions and is only motivated by the relentless pursuit of truth and justice)  

I will freely admit that I don't like Tories in general (except ken Clarke) and B Johnson in particular. But I try to avoid personal insults and childish name calling - I'm not perfect though & I can't help myself, from time to time, pointing out that Tories are, by and large, C&nts. 

What you mean is that you free pass your heroes. Like surgeon did.

Just now, LJS said:

Bearing in mind the sorry and sometimes disgraceful way in which the political establishment throughout the UK has dealt with allegations of sexual misconduct over many years, I think Sturgeon's behaviour stands up pretty well.

She even wants Scotland to impose damage onto itself and lies to try and bring it about. Doesn't even stand behind her govtsOwn work Will lie about it for votes.

Just now, LJS said:

Anyway - all may not be what it seems

image.png.f5ddf8a9114397a04097039b2bb16a23.png

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've had to act in the past I didn't duck it because ignoring was the easy option.

Never? Not once? You have always done the right thing at the right time?

I give up. I am not worthy to share the same internet as you.😇

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The right thing is to act to protect women from predictors I'm not claiming perfection just that something's shouldn't be ducked for an easy life.

Leaving aside the fact that predictors are not generally recognised as a major that to women...

So, just to clear, I'm not claiming perfection for Sturgeon either but I am grateful for the clarity you have provided that, in your view, she was failing to act to protect women and not desperately trying to frame Salmond for crimes he didn't commit.

My personal view is that neither is an entirely accurate view of what really happened. The honest truth is I don't know for sure what happened and when but, compared with other failings from our political leaders, they are very much small potatoes.

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

too poor, too wee, too stupid, borrowed from wings over Scotland.

You visited Wings lately? You'd love it. He's turned into a cross between Graham Linehan & George Galloway.

Edited by LJS

10 minutes ago, LJS said:

Leaving aside the fact that predictors are not generally recognised as a major that to women...

So, just to clear, I'm not claiming perfection for Sturgeon either but I am grateful for the clarity you have provided that, in your view, she was failing to act to protect women and not desperately trying to frame Salmond for crimes he didn't commit.

She failed to act to protect women when she sat on the knowledge of his be haviour which she did for many yearshow has she tried to frame him she pursued genuine allegations.

My personal view is that neither is an entirely accurate view of what really happened. The honest truth is I don't know for sure what happened and when but, compared with other failings from our political leaders, they are very much small potatoes.

It not anything you're want from someone aiming to turn a country up as ide down.youd want high integrity and not low standards.

You visited Wings lately? You'd love it. He's turned into a cross between Graham Linehan & George Galloway.

Year and found comfys favourite line just a page in....so even indie supporting Scots think those thing of Scottish indie.

17 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me Sturgeon lost all credibility when she started claiming she had forgotten meetings. There is no doubt to me she had been misleading. We shouldn't use the indiscretions of Boris to hand out a free pass.

You are of course entitled to your own view on Sturgeon. The committee whose findings were leaked yesterday is entitled to its view. However their view is clearly politically motivated with 4 of them guaranteed to find her "guilty" right from the word go. I have already said that this is not the way the actions of senior ministers should be judged.

Fortunately, we have an independent enquiry into whether Sturgeon broke the ministerial code or not.

We also have an election in a few weeks where folk can't deliver their own verdict.

The comparison with the conduct of Johnson, Patel, Hancock etc is very relevant in the context of an upcoming election where the choice of where we are governed from is very much on the ballot paper.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

You are of course entitled to your own view on Sturgeon. The committee whose findings were leaked yesterday is entitled to its view. However their view is clearly politically motivated with 4 of them guaranteed to find her "guilty" right from the word go. I have already said that this is not the way the actions of senior ministers should be judged.

Fortunately, we have an independent enquiry into whether Sturgeon broke the ministerial code or not.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

We also have an election in a few weeks where folk can't deliver their own verdict.

According to sturgeon the committee she setup to judge her isn't fit to judge her.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

The comparison with the conduct of Johnson, Patel, Hancock etc is very relevant in the context of an upcoming election where the choice of where we are governed from is very much on the ballot paper.

It's about more than who governs it's also about how Scotland is governed.

34 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me Sturgeon lost all credibility when she started claiming she had forgotten meetings. There is no doubt to me she had been misleading. We shouldn't use the indiscretions of Boris to hand out a free pass.

Snippers were handing out free leaders long before Spafferer was pm.

Edited by eFestivals

On 1/10/2012 at 9:36 PM, Kowalski said:

I'm in the undecided camp. A few things I'd like to know about (apart from the clincher which is North Sea Oil money) include:

• Royal Family - will we still pay for them?
  • Military - will we have our own one, or will be still be part of the UK military meaning we can be dragged into illegal wars again?
  • Currency - sterling/euro/something else?
  • Foreign Embassies - do we need to fund embassies in every country?

Plenty of time for the SNP to tell us the full plan.

1. Yes

2.yes andNATO members so dragged into other counties wars

3. No one knows not even sturgeo or the SNP. Setting up a Scottish currency would be expensive and necessary if you want EU membership.its entry criteria.

,4.yes

Edited by eFestivals

34 minutes ago, LJS said:

If an inquiry into as Tory had concluded the same you'd be saying very different.