Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked up 120 each return inc. checked baggage. from Luton to Lisbon Tuesday to Monday with Easyjet.

£40 outbound. £60 inbound. 29 quid to check in 1 suitcase between us Plus a few admin fees.

Not so bad considering the festival tickets are only £100 inc. fees on Seetickets.

Edited by Anderson19

From what I understand, the Bilbao BBK Fest is the 'sister' fest to this one.

Also, Optimus Alive has changed dates from last year (it was the first weekend in July in 2011). I'm guessing that this is because they now coincide with Benicassim, so they can attract a load of the bands who fly over to play there (that's what Super Bock Super Rock, which was on the same weekend as Beni last year, did anyway).

hopefully we get some of the Rock Wercherter bands ...... although only hoping due to my festival maths and that some bands are playing the same fest

wouldnt mind Wolfmother, Skrillex and Kasabian

i would throw Blink 182 in there for my brother. But they are the worst band i have seen live at a festival

Bands just announced for Benicassim, so in the vicinity over the Optimus weekend (note that two of the three already confirmed Beni bands are already confirmed for Optimus too):

FIB 2012, Benicàssim, is excited to announce its new additions to the 2012 line-up headed by Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds. Following with Bombay Bicycle Club, Miles Kane, Cooper, Department S and Los Tiki Phantoms.

These artists join the already confirmed The Stone Roses, Florence + The Machine andThe Vaccines.

Edited by Homer

Booked Easyjet from Liverpool, Wed-Mon ages ago for £80. Not booked anything else, shouldn't be any problems, keeping my accomodation under my hat until it's all booked :)

One of my tips is there's a tourist bus from the airport to Cais de Sodre right outside, if you've not got a load of gear then there's a normal bus which is even cheaper. The site is on the Cais de Sodre-Cascais line, I've seen mention that your festival ticket allows you on the train free too. There's usually loads of taxis going from the centre to Docas, I guess they'll service the festival too, should be a nice earner for them! Never been ripped off massively so happy to jump in any cab.

We're there 11th-18th. We're staying at the Ibis next to the official campsite on the first and last nights, £30 a night for a double, and we've emailed the campsite to make reservations for the other additional nights. (no response yet but I only emailed last night).

If you google Lisboa Camping and Bungalows they have a website with a booking form you can use to make reservations.

The festival website says the campsite will be open to ticket holders from 9am on the Friday 13th to 12pm on Monday 16th.

Fi

Edited by FionaLimb

Booked Easyjet from Liverpool, Wed-Mon ages ago for £80. Not booked anything else, shouldn't be any problems, keeping my accomodation under my hat until it's all booked :)

One of my tips is there's a tourist bus from the airport to Cais de Sodre right outside, if you've not got a load of gear then there's a normal bus which is even cheaper. The site is on the Cais de Sodre-Cascais line, I've seen mention that your festival ticket allows you on the train free too. There's usually loads of taxis going from the centre to Docas, I guess they'll service the festival too, should be a nice earner for them! Never been ripped off massively so happy to jump in any cab.

if anybody want a 6 man bungalow i just cancelled my booking on booking.com

plus another band have been announced ... forget the name but they are from Portugal

probably opening the main stage on the sunday. They sound pretty experimental and decent. Hoping for some Explosions in the sky on that day now as well :P

There's a group of us going so I booked a few of the chalet-bungalow jobs ages ago, but now after seeing the line-up there's a couple more people looking to come with us - do you reckon they'll have to camp, or will they be able to crash in the bungalows with us?

More for Beni, keepoing it crossed for New Order - saw them in December and they were brilliant...

New Order, the legendary band from Manchester, will be performing at FIB 2012, Benicàssim.
One of the most influential groups of the past three decades, they'll offer the best from their huge repertoire to Benicàssim's concert venue. They'll revisit their biggest hits and stop along the way to vindicate their 'lost legacy', that is, a few songs from Joy Division.

The list of new addtions includes: The Horrors, Crystal Castles, Katy B, Example, Spector and Thee Brandy Hips which join the already confirmed The Stone Roses, Florence + The Machine and Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds amongst others.