Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost forgot...they have also said that NME is media partner and they're expecting thousands of people from the UK (especially) and also Spain. They have also contrated a public relations company to help publicize the event in the UK and said something about an agreement with a Portuguese airline, though they did not revealed any details about it.

I think they want to stand out as an alternative for Glastonbury...

Definitely interested in going to this!

Don't really fancy the campsite and aren't paying that much for those bungalows looking to get a hotel back in Lisbon does anyone know if there will be plenty of taxis about or whether there is shuttle buses back to the centre? Or even if a train runs close by the site?

Flights seem cheap enough just need to find a hotel!

booked booked and booked ........ staying at the Corinthia .. 5 nights for 307 euros!

does anyone know if its legal to drink in public?

landing at 4 on friday so hopefully it isnt delayed by that much :s

I was sure they said Stone Roses would be headliners but I'm not that sure now. I've searched on their website and it doesn't say anything about it anywhere. They were very clear that The Cure will be headliners but not for Stone Roses. If you check the line up posters and their website, Stone Roses are always in a smaller font than Radiohead and The Cure.

http://a2.sphotos.ak...490877691_n.jpg

http://www.optimusal...m/musica/lineup

Despite all that Stone Roses announced themselves as headliners on their own website. However there's a lot of people asking the same question on the facebook of Optimus Alive and they're not answering, they are answering all kinds of questions and avoiding that one...

Day tickets for that day are selling very poorly. Here they're not as big as they are in the UK. People are starting to doubt Stone Roses will be headlining.

Personally I think the organizers are trying to pull out some bigger act and they will only make clear that Stone Roses are headliners if they don't succeed.

Edit: Was talking with a friend about this and he said he read something about a big chance of BLUR playing a festival in Portugal this year, the article said this same festival also tried to book Red Hot Chili Peppers but they were asking for too much.

Edited by roadrunner66

Got my tickets today. Really looking forward to it.

On the topic of Stone Roses headlining: as amazing as it would be to see Blur on the same day, I can't realistically see it happening. If anything I'd say Stone Roses are headlining and a big dance act may play after them? Like they did last year with 30STM & The Chemical Brothers.

Optimus Alive is happening on the same weekend of Benicassim and Bilbao BBK. There's still 2 headliners to be confirmed for Benicassim and 1 for Bilbao BBK. We know OA haven't confimed Stone Roses as headliners and they have already 1 headliner of Benicassim subheadlining (F+TM). In the press conference they have said they want to be bigger than any festival and they want to have a sold out festival. It wouldn't be the first time they put 2 bands capable of being headliners on the same day (Pearl Jam and Linkin Park). As far as the line up posters show us SR are not headlining and OA keeps ignoring the question. I would not rule out this possibility.

Pearl Jam haven't confirmed Spanish and Portuguese dates yet. Blur are rumoured to play in Portugal. Any of these bands would guarantee a sold out day, Stone Roses don't.

I want to believe that a surprise can happen :)

Edited by roadrunner66

i'll probably go to optimus alive this year too and i really LOVE the bands that are confirmed by now! but personally i dont think that blur are realistic to play... are there any solid rumours that they will play any shows this year? i would love it to happen, but somehow i doubt it...

what about pulp? they have confirmed 2 shows for 2012 and will probably play more. does anybody know how big they are in portugal?

efestivals pretty much guarantees they will play at hyde park, in Portugal there's a rumour that a festival is in advanced talks with them (can't say if that's true), they're also a highly desired name for Benicassim, but no, there ins't any solid fact that can makes us sure they will tour.

Pulp played last year in Portugal at Paredes de Coura Festival, a 25 000 capacity festival which didn't sold out. Optimus Alive is much bigger.

Anyone think Franz Ferdinand might play this? They've been confirmed for the Barcelona primevera, but not the Portugal one (like The Cure) so maybe it means they already have a something in Portugal. Nothing solid just a guess :)

Also does anyone have any idea of where the cheapest flights would be? Lots of them seem pretty extortionate :(

Edited by fastcomet11

Think we're definitely going to go to this, the bands announced are already worthy of the very reasonable ticket price. Aside from the (potential) other headliner, what other bands do people think will play? I'm hoping for Black Keys, and I imagine bands like The Maccabees/Vaccines/Noel Gallagher will play too.

Are we expecting another announcement soon or will they just randomly filter out between now and the festival?

Cheers.