Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

Kasabian as headliner won't happen, it's one of those bands that are big in UK but smaller in Portugal (and Europe), in 2008 they didn't even subheadlined under Read Hot Chili Peppers at Rock In Rio, a portuguese band did. In 2010 they subheadlined under Faith No More at Optimus Alive. Which is quite remarkable.

Paul Weller as headliner in Portugal will also never happen, he's quite unknown over here. I do not know if he ever played in Portugal.

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair enough

Killers above Stone Roses? i recon they will play benni so could be in with a shout

but would stone roses agree to play below them?

and paul weller would never headline a festival in england as well hes a mid afternoon slot at best

I found this:

http://blitz.aeiou.pt/blur-no-alive=f44286

It's an old topic in a forum in 2009 saying that the organizer of Optimus Alive had written in his facebook just this: "Think Tank". Everyone started to speculate that Blur could play at Optimus Alive and in the end it didn't happen. 2009 was the year of the Blur reunion.

Could this mean that Blur are an old desire of the organization and now they may have finally made it? I'm just speculationg :)

The Killers could also be a headliner-sized possibility, if they're touring this summer.