Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they're sharing international news on facebook that say Stone Roses are one of the headliners, some people are insisting with the question of whether SR will be headliners and again...no answer! On the other hand if you ask any other kind of info you'll get a promptly answer.

Also the lineup on the website was updated with M&S and SR still in smaller font.

I reckon they're not sure on whether the whoever band they are trying to get is guaranteed.

Since Faith No More will be in Europe this summer, being already confirmed for the french Sonisphere, I'd suggest them as the other possible headliner.

At this stage, the friday headliner could be one of those:

Blur

Faith No More

Pearl Jam

The Stone Roses (?!)

Personally, I hope they get Blur.

Edited by roadrunner66

Re the potential 3rd headliner i'm caught between being optimistic and realistic. I don't know how much the stone roseswould lower their considerable price playing abroad where they have less demand. I'm sure they're getting paid a packet to headline benicassim so i'm wondering how far can 99 euro a ticket go?

If we do get one i think there's a logic, based on past headliners, of the heavier rock acts roadrunner listed. Guns and roses and marilyn manson are both playing in spain the week after? Blur would be my preference though and stone roses then blur with justice playing afterwards would be the best order imo - that would be truly epic.

Would like to see bloc party somewhere on the undercard too...

There's no reason why any of the previously mentioned bands: Faith No More, Guns n Roses, Pearl Jam etc would need to hold off on announcing? They've all already announced tour dates... I'd say if there is still a headliner, it'll be Blur & they're waiting on 100% confirmation before they announce whether the Stone Roses are actually headlining or not.

Re the potential 3rd headliner i'm caught between being optimistic and realistic. I don't know how much the stone roseswould lower their considerable price playing abroad where they have less demand. I'm sure they're getting paid a packet to headline benicassim so i'm wondering how far can 99 euro a ticket go?

I think finally Stone Roses will be the Headliner....

I want Blur but i Think is too much Money...

Anyway, next week will be the key. Fib will confirm new bands next Tuesday, and a few spanish festivals too.

If they cant' pick Blur, i Think no one over here could do

Blur interviuw for NME will be wednesday ? We have to wait, I think next week all the doubts about headliner will be result.

I'd like to see Bloc Party and Blur BTW

There's no reason why any of the previously mentioned bands: Faith No More, Guns n Roses, Pearl Jam etc would need to hold off on announcing? They've all already announced tour dates... I'd say if there is still a headliner, it'll be Blur & they're waiting on 100% confirmation before they announce whether the Stone Roses are actually headlining or not.

Edited by roadrunner66

I could see Blur & the Stone Roses 'co-headlining'... Blur did it with Snow Patrol at T in the Park 2009, so I'm sure they'd be more comfortable sharing the status with a band like the Stone Roses.

I guess only time will tell, I just don't see the Stone Roses playing under Faith No More or Guns n Roses, where as underneath Blur with Justice on either before or after would make perfect sense.

Correct me if I'm just being ridiculous, but all this stuff about The Stone Roses being in a smaller font than the other 2 headliners... is that not simply because they have more letters in their name than Radiohead and The Cure? Hence them having to use 2 lines of font instead of 1 and in a slightly smaller font so it "fits" better with the poster layout.... ?!?

Correct me if I'm just being ridiculous, but all this stuff about The Stone Roses being in a smaller font than the other 2 headliners... is that not simply because they have more letters in their name than Radiohead and The Cure? Hence them having to use 2 lines of font instead of 1 and in a slightly smaller font so it "fits" better with the poster layout.... ?!?