I've got my tickets - thank you Vodafone VIP!

Guest Innana

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that with Sabbath playing there was a danger of tickets selling out fairly quickly, which is why we rushed to get them this morning . . . realising now that we probably could have waited a bit!

Also, I hadn't really twigged that not every festival is like Glastonbury and they don't all sell out on the day tickets become available!

I think there's a good chance Download will sell a high percentage of their tickets through global Black Sabbath fans - so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rush, whether they will shift all of them depends on just how many Sabbath fans there are out there - at a stretch I would suspect it could sell out I guess. It didn't for AC/DC last year - but then they tour the world a bit more often than Sabbath have, and Sabbath I suspect have more fans out there than The Stone Roses - and look what happened with their first announced reformed gig tickets.

Dont scare me like this Scottie, my mates are the slowest to get their tix ever. I think a lot of Sabbath fans may wait until day tix, you have to remember 2010 had Aerosmith who rarely tour as well as AC/DC and it still didnt sell out. Although it was near to 120k. Wonder what the capcity will be this year at the start, I believe its 80k which they can raise to 120k no questions asked but can go to 130k

I think there's a good chance Download will sell a high percentage of their tickets through global Black Sabbath fans - so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a rush, whether they will shift all of them depends on just how many Sabbath fans there are out there - at a stretch I would suspect it could sell out I guess. It didn't for AC/DC last year - but then they tour the world a bit more often than Sabbath have, and Sabbath I suspect have more fans out there than The Stone Roses - and look what happened with their first announced reformed gig tickets.

I'm really not interest in seeing Metallica or Prodigy again after seeing them both many times in the past few years (Metallica (Wembley, MEN,Leeds Festival, Sonsiphere) or Prodigy (V Festival, Liverpool Academy, Leeds Festival, MEN)) but would really like to see Sabbath so I'm hoping they do a few UK dates. Has it said anywhere that Donnington is the only UK date?

Ps - I'm gutted that Rammstein are not playing any UK festival dates -swap them with Prodigy and I would have been going to be first Download.

I'm really not interest in seeing Metallica or Prodigy again after seeing them both many times in the past few years (Metallica (Wembley, MEN,Leeds Festival, Sonsiphere) or Prodigy (V Festival, Liverpool Academy, Leeds Festival, MEN)) but would really like to see Sabbath so I'm hoping they do a few UK dates. Has it said anywhere that Donnington is the only UK date?

Ps - I'm gutted that Rammstein are not playing any UK festival dates -swap them with Prodigy and I would have been going to be first Download.

Edited by cornucopia

I think that there being no Glasto may well contribute to a very busy download plus the headliners they have even more so. I wouldn't leave it too long. I know several people from up here in north Scotland who are making their way down for Download this year as their first ever festival.