Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Im kidding! Im too excited to be down, here are my main reasons!

1. Not having to walk 30+ minutes back to my tent after spending 20 mins just getting out of the arena.

2. Not having to try sleep through a full night of drum & bass and Dubstep booming from a caravan on the campsite.

3. Not having to go home on the last night instead of spending the evening, due to idiots burning things and crushing tents.

Basically just excited not to be at Leeds Fest again this year.

I'm doing Leeds for the first time this year Jacko (not bad for a 47 year old I hear you say)......but I'm working for Oxfam.....staff camping, away from the trolls!!

And like MickeyMo implies, a week is a long time in the world of weather....I wont decide what footwear or clothes I'm taking until Wednesday....not like my other half who has started her packing already!!

Any news on Emperors Field directions/info? I bought my EF ticket from someone so not sure if I'll get the email (will this just be sent to everyone regardless).

Site states

From the North (M6):

Standard campsite ticket holders:

Continue on M6 to J39 and follow directions from South

Campervans, Emperors Fields and The Deer Lodge ticket holders:

Directions to the NEW Emperors Field area, in which both Campervans and The Deer Lodge is sited will be available in advance of the festival.

Which to me would indicate that we dont have to drive south to J39 then come back up.

Edited by Jonjo

Any news on Emperors Field directions/info? I bought my EF ticket from someone so not sure if I'll get the email (will this just be sent to everyone regardless).

Site states

From the North (M6):

Standard campsite ticket holders:

Continue on M6 to J39 and follow directions from South

Campervans, Emperors Fields and The Deer Lodge ticket holders:

Directions to the NEW Emperors Field area, in which both Campervans and The Deer Lodge is sited will be available in advance of the festival.

Which to me would indicate that we dont have to drive south to J39 then come back up.

Just been on the Kendal Calling website, looking for info/directions to the Emperor's Field. We're coming up the M6 from Preston, so it says to follow the signs for All Camping. I'd been thinking it was going to be a different entrance. Should all make sense when we get there I guess.

What made me laugh, reading the Emperors Field blurb was how they've said that 91% of punters said that improved toilets would enhance their stay at the festival. I'd have thought Kendal Calling wouldn't be wanting to boast about such a high % not being too happy with the toilets. But they seem to have taken the view that their toilets are so bad that people will pay extra for clean ones :-) I suppose if they sell out every year then they won't see a need to spend more of their budget on the toilets, people aren't happy with them, but still come back. And even better than that there's some extra £££s to be made :-)

Just been on the Kendal Calling website, looking for info/directions to the Emperor's Field. We're coming up the M6 from Preston, so it says to follow the signs for All Camping. I'd been thinking it was going to be a different entrance. Should all make sense when we get there I guess.

What made me laugh, reading the Emperors Field blurb was how they've said that 91% of punters said that improved toilets would enhance their stay at the festival. I'd have thought Kendal Calling wouldn't be wanting to boast about such a high % not being too happy with the toilets. But they seem to have taken the view that their toilets are so bad that people will pay extra for clean ones :-) I suppose if they sell out every year then they won't see a need to spend more of their budget on the toilets, people aren't happy with them, but still come back. And even better than that there's some extra £££s to be made :-)