Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, we'll see, definately gonna do Wickerman / Kendal double as a family, may consider willowman and solfest line up dependant, love to think I'd make Glastonbury and have promised my daughter we'd do it, but with another bairn due late jan I can't see it happening next year for me.

You`ll love it sir. The line-up won`t be a patch on Kendal but much more spread out and the main stage area is atleast twice the size so plenty of room to lay your blanket on the ground !

For some reason, day tickets only ever available for the Saturday.

In these parts there is always plenty of ginger.......... To make sure of it they even sell little tartan bunnets with a wee ginger wig stuck on - very classy.

Plenty of fizzy pop also available, Irn Bru being the drink of choice for the nominated drivers.

Hi,

I am currently in my third year of doing a geography degree at Northumbria Uni and am looking at the impacts that festivals have on their local communities and a particularly looking at Wickerman and Kendal Calling. If any of you live within 25 miles of either festival site, please will you complete m short survey to help in my research. Thanks very much.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H6LQTKZ

Thank you very much,

Ellen

Hmmm, somehow I detect a hint of sarcasm mr Lakeland ! Gotta say though there was twice as much space for chilling out and less heed the balls than Kendal, main stage space is twice as much as at kendal as well, was amazed by the sight of around 30 sun tents set up facing the main arena, they'd be trampled to bits anywhere else.

You might as well go for the weekend Jonny, tickets were only about 25 quid more than day tickets. Plus the arenas open till 5am ! For your Utah saints rave night.

Hi,

I am currently in my third year of doing a geography degree at Northumbria Uni and am looking at the impacts that festivals have on their local communities and a particularly looking at Wickerman and Kendal Calling. If any of you live within 25 miles of either festival site, please will you complete m short survey to help in my research. Thanks very much.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/H6LQTKZ

Thank you very much,

Ellen

Hmmm, somehow I detect a hint of sarcasm mr Lakeland ! Gotta say though there was twice as much space for chilling out and less heed the balls than Kendal, main stage space is twice as much as at kendal as well, was amazed by the sight of around 30 sun tents set up facing the main arena, they'd be trampled to bits anywhere else.

You might as well go for the weekend Jonny, tickets were only about 25 quid more than day tickets. Plus the arenas open till 5am ! For your Utah saints rave night.

I'll take you a big decent tent, put it up for you in a field that you can park your car next to, that's secure with a fence around it and decent toilets ! Less than a minute from the arena entrance. Where else you gonna get an offer like that !

Yeah sound offer but you wake up when it's light , it's hot and stuffy and you can hear everyone farting coughing and even worse being sick around you! Al drive up show the kids and see what they make of it, and they can eat haggis and turnip for their tea , I'm sure they will love it!

Anyone got any decent photos to share then? I'll hopefully get round to slapping mine on Facebook soon, although I don't seem to have taken that many, got shed loads from Wickerman tho !

Going by the dates on the websites, the Wickerman / Kendal double won`t be possible next year. Bit of a shame really as they are ( reasonably ) close and will now be competing for business. No doubt that Kendal will have the better line up and with 3 nights will offer better value but I don`t see me driving past Wickerman to head South. Does anyone know if they have clashed before ? Hope it doesn`t happen every year now :(