Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance of a fire bucket, sorry Jacko, you'll be asked to put it out straight away. I saw a couple of people try last year including someone who started a fire in their BBQ, within minutes there were stewards visiting their tent.

You'll get away with some flames as you start your BBQ but that's about it. I'm sure general camping may have had a communal fire last year, at least I remember reading it did

No chance of a fire bucket, sorry Jacko, you'll be asked to put it out straight away. I saw a couple of people try last year including someone who started a fire in their BBQ, within minutes there were stewards visiting their tent.

You'll get away with some flames as you start your BBQ but that's about it. I'm sure general camping may have had a communal fire last year, at least I remember reading it did

One day closer people! Just a quick one, while sitting in camp of an evening. I have a very small fire bucket. Would they mind a little fire in that?

I dont want to be a nuisance though.

I'm with Three (don't all laugh at once) and as soon as you get out of a built up area you might as well use 2 tin cans & a length of string!!

Because of this, the battery gets used up very quickly as the phone is constantly searching for a decent signal - am thinking of getting a cheap n cheerful PAYG for next week but on a network that has good reception in & around the site.

I'm with Three (don't all laugh at once) and as soon as you get out of a built up area you might as well use 2 tin cans & a length of string!!

Because of this, the battery gets used up very quickly as the phone is constantly searching for a decent signal - am thinking of getting a cheap n cheerful PAYG for next week but on a network that has good reception in & around the site.

I'vr got the same problem, I think last year my friend received a text about three hours after I sent it. Add ro that a a stupid 'smartphone' with a battery life of 2 hours max. and it's time to dig out the old nokia brick I think. Bit annoyed seeing as it seems any secret sets will be announced via twitter which won't be accessible all weekend :/