Noel Gallagher's high flight birds

Guest onemangang

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Noel" stuff I think you're talking about is Masterplan, Talk Tonight, Sad Song, D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman, Half the World Away etc? The melodic more acoustic stuff?

The "Liam" stuff would be more like Rock and Roll Star, Slide Away, Some Might Say, D'You Know What I Mean?, Go Let It Out, The Hindu Times etc.

Although they're all Noels songs. So is All Around the World though, which is one of the worst offences by a big band at their height ever committed to tape. As is the video.

3 of the ones in bold are on the ipod - yes, the differing types of songs are obvious, which is why I never got into them. Would like to see Noel live, never really wanted to see Oasis live, maybe I've missed out.

Agree with All Around the World.

Edited by The Nal

I've seen Oasis a bunch of times and the only time the were really good was in Pairc Ui Chaoimh in Cork in 1996, just after the Knebworth gig.

They were shite on the Be Here Now tour and they were shite at Glasto in 2004. Also saw them at Witness (Now Oxegen) in 2002 or something. And they were shite.

Setlist from Cork.

Columbia

Acquiesce

Supersonic

Hello

Some Might Say

Roll With It

Slide Away

Morning Glory

Round Are Way

(Ending with Up In The Sky)

Cigarettes & Alcohol

Whatever

(Ending with Octopus's Garden)

Cast No Shadow

Wonderwall

The Masterplan

Don't Look Back In Anger

Live Forever

My Big Mouth

It's Gettin' Better (Man!!)

Encore:

Champagne Supernova

I Am the Walrus

P.S. I was 16 and it was my first gig outside of Dublin, got hammered on the train on the way down etc so my judgement may have been off centre slightly. But I doubt it with a setlist like that.

Should also add that they we're supported by The Bootleg Beatles and The Prodigy. :) The Bootlegs came on stage for I Am The Walrus.

I used to love Oasis and I saw Noel at the Royal Albert Hall last year. Im still unsure on Beady Eye

On one hand this is tragic, maybe as it's at T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_F3SrHZVg

This on the other hand is excellent.

You might not like Oasis, however they have more than deserved their place in the music hall of fame.

I used to love Oasis and I saw Noel at the Royal Albert Hall last year. Im still unsure on Beady Eye

On one hand this is tragic, maybe as it's at T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_F3SrHZVg

This on the other hand is excellent.

You might not like Oasis, however they have more than deserved their place in the music hall of fame.

Don't know what's classed as shit stuff and half decent or whatever else you want to class it as.

Just my personal opinion, but if you're the resident Oasis fanboy then fair enough, I bow down.

What should I be listening to by them?

I'm not a huge oasis fab but personally I prefer noel's voice so would actually quite like to hear the more rocking Liam oasis songs, performed in their original tyle just with noel's vocals. I would think the likes of slide away could sound good though struggle to imagine rock and roll star... Has Noel ever played these live without Liam, non acoustic?

I'm not a huge oasis fab but personally I prefer noel's voice so would actually quite like to hear the more rocking Liam oasis songs, performed in their original tyle just with noel's vocals. I would think the likes of slide away could sound good though struggle to imagine rock and roll star... Has Noel ever played these live without Liam, non acoustic?

Edited by big joe

• 1 month later...

Good setlist from last night in Dublin but the last 3 songs are stinkers.

• It's Good To Be Free

• Mucky Fingers

• Everybody's On The Run

• Dream On

• If I Had A Gun

• The Good Rebel

• The Death Of You And Me

• BRAND NEW SONG

• Wonderwall

• Supersonic

• I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine

• AKA What A Life

• Talk Tonight

• Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks

• AKA Broken Arrow

• Half The World Away

• Stranded On The Wrong Beach

• Don't Look Back In Anger

• The Importance Of Being Idle

• Little By Little

just under half the songs he played were oasis numbers. does he have enough faith in his new material?

yes he does have number 1 spot but its hard not to when your up against the rubbish that's in the charts, coupled with the fact he's had more t.v coverage than the prime minister the last few months.

Edited by joe1990

just under half the songs he played were oasis numbers. does he have enough faith in his new material?

yes he does have number 1 spot but its hard not to when your up against the rubbish that's in the charts, coupled with the fact he's had more t.v coverage than the prime minister the last few months.

He played pretty much the full solo album so Id say he has plenty of faith in the material. Why shouldnt he play Oasis songs, he said from the tour announcement he would because he wrote them and he's proud of them. He cant win to TBH, if he didnt play any Oasis songs people would moan that the set was too short and why didnt he fill the set out with them.

Everybody's on the Run I think is a great track but I'm a sucker for strings in a song, but the rest of the album, very very average. He went on about people saying If I Had A Gun should've been the first single, probably because it was trying to be Wonderwall all over again.