iTunes Festival 2011

Guest TheHiddenPassenger

I was lucky enough to win tickets for Chase & Status + Nero on the 28th July for iTunes Festival. I live up in Fife in Scotland and I'm wondering what is the cheapest way of traveling down to London, with cheap accommodation near the Roundhouse? There would be 2 of us going, so one room for one night is what I'm looking for. Does anybody have any advice or tips where to get a good deal within the area? I lack much knowledge of London so any help is appreciated! :)

Aye, Megabus seems to be the best for traveling. I'm not too bothered about travel times, just as long as I'm where I want to be with a good few hours before doors open!

Yeah I've been advised to go for a hostel if it's just for the one night. Got a mate who stayed in one near the area on a rugby trip and says they were looked after pretty well and good for the price.

Cheers for the reply mate!

• 4 weeks later...

just been watching kasabian, i believe they are loosing there status. as far as im a were they were doing stadium gigs in 2009 (even tho i have found evidence of such its just very hard to believe)last year they did arena gigs, this year they did some very small warm up gigs for isle of Wight.

i no they have done other bits, but i think unless they bring out a really top album this year... witch seems pretty unlikely, i think in 5 years there will nothing much left or on a very long hiatus.

just been watching kasabian, i believe they are loosing there status. as far as im a were they were doing stadium gigs in 2009 (even tho i have found evidence of such its just very hard to believe)last year they did arena gigs, this year they did some very small warm up gigs for isle of Wight.

i no they have done other bits, but i think unless they bring out a really top album this year... witch seems pretty unlikely, i think in 5 years there will nothing much left or on a very long hiatus.

Weird logic. I'm not a huge fan of Kasabian but they are one of the biggest bands in the country and I predict will be headlining big festivals and/or their own stadium gigs next year. The gigs you mention were all warm ups, most bands play tiny venues for those. Arctic Monkeys are also huge, headlining V this year and easily capable of selling out somewhere like Hyde Park or Milton Keynes Bowl. Personally I love their new album.