What have you done with your wristband?

Guest Mr McJohnson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't normally keep them on for more than a week after the fest and it then goes in the box with all the others. However for various reasons I Decided to keep the 2010 one on tho and it only came off at the beginning of this week and only then cos it just seemed way too sad to still have it on after Glasto 2011 ! Apart from the fact that it doesn't glow in the dark any more it still looks almost as good as new despite getting seriously filthy on many occasions over the last year and only getting washed in the shower. Sadly I wasn't there this year so am now all wristbandless :(

BTW, shiny new non-muddy programmes are available from the Glasto Office:

Programmes are for sale at £10 including post and packaging and reviews at £5 including post and packaging. They are available either by cash at the office, or by cheque made payable to Glastonbury Festival 2011 Ltd. The address of the office is 28 Northload Street, Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 9JJ.

Clicky for linky to details on Glasto Official Site.

I have cut mine off and put it in a drawer. At a point in the future it will go from there to the bin. This has been the case with all my previous Glasto wristbands. These things are very personal, hence the variety of descriptions as to what happens to them. With me it would be easy to go down an OCD route with such things. If I wasn't careful I'd be up to my eyes in memorabilia of all sorts. I do actually think this will possibly go against me if I get to a nursing home and have no articles to remind me of events from the past. Mind you, by then, I expect to be too busy weeing and sh*tting myself to have time to look back!

175000 people, some keep them on, some dont. Dont have a go at those that do though, its not a crime, it's a personal choice and for many it is a source of pride and happiness to be able to look down on their wrist as a reminder of happy memories every day they arent at the festival. Also people with wristbands on, good for chatting with when in the outside world.

As Norain says in her sig, 'Anyone you meet anytime, anywhere, who has also been to Glastonbury is automatically a kindred spirit'.

Spotting people with their wristbands still on always helps :D

Mine always go straight onto the keyring after being slipped off in the shower, looks pretty cool once you've got 6 or 7... would be so devastated if I lost the lot though. As for the 'I don't need a strip of fabric for my memories' argument, I think it's pretty ace to be reminded of a sunny/rainy/muddy beautiful Summer weekend in Somerset when glancing at your wrist or set of keys when you're leaving your house on the way to work on a miserable November morning!

I had to cut mine off with a dremmel. Used one of the cutting disks to get through the copper ring, took me ages though as the copper kept heating up and burning me, I had to keep waiting for it to cool down before cutting through a bit more, it was like one of those black and white war movies where somebody spends months gradually chipping the cement away on a brick in their cell to escape.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it now though, I'd like to carry on wearing it. Does anybody know if you can buy some sort of laminated wrist band holder, similar to a hospital band to put it in? That'd be cool.

Still got mine on because it matches my fluorescent green watch.

I've loosely knotted the ends around the wristband, which works reasonably well and stops the ends from trailing in food.

My son managed to slip his band off but mine had been fastened on too tight. Maybe when my hand gets really cold (on holiday in Wales this summer probably!) I might be able to slip my band off too.

I had to cut mine off with a dremmel. Used one of the cutting disks to get through the copper ring, took me ages though as the copper kept heating up and burning me, I had to keep waiting for it to cool down before cutting through a bit more, it was like one of those black and white war movies where somebody spends months gradually chipping the cement away on a brick in their cell to escape.