Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually may have under estimated this Queen/Adam Lambert thing, just checking Twitter and there is two types of messages. Its either:

WTF Queen I'm going to Download or Reading & Leeds this year instead.

Or

OMG Adam Lambert/Queen are playing Sonisphere, how do I get a ticket, what's Sonisphere?

T8yman could be right, the whole dynamic of the festival may change if thousands of tickets are bought just to see Adam Lambert or/and Queen.

I actually may have under estimated this Queen/Adam Lambert thing, just checking Twitter and there is two types of messages. Its either:

WTF Queen I'm going to Download or Reading & Leeds this year instead.

Or

OMG Adam Lambert/Queen are playing Sonisphere, how do I get a ticket, what's Sonisphere?

T8yman could be right, the whole dynamic of the festival may change if thousands of tickets are bought just to see Adam Lambert or/and Queen.

Freddie or no Freddie, for me it doesn't matter if Lambert is singing, it would be amazing to do a singalong to Queen with thousands of fellow Queen fans. It's a great tribute, I'm just gutted I was too young at Wembley when there was a tribute concert... hate him or love him, George Michael, Somebody to love, every fan in arena singing along.... you telling me it won't be great?

I'm surprised and happy that FNM are coming back just after 2 years. Gig in Bilbao where Patton was crowd surfing during "Midlife crisis" was one of the best thing i've ever seen.

Who else probably will play. Artists toruing europe but not confirmed for download

- Marilyn Manson, Offspring, Motorhead, Linkin Park ( all playing RAR)

- Pennywise, Wolfmother ( Hurricane)

- Refused (Roskilde, Nova)

- Motley Crue, GNR, Sebastian Bach, Manowar, Within Temptation (Gods of Metal)

- Slayer, Mastodon (Sonisphere Spain)

Looking at the supposed headliners, as much as I like FNM, the undercard will have to be insanely good if I'm gonna buy a ticket this year, especially since it looks like the third headliner won't be much to my taste either if it's Linkin Park or Guns n Roses. If they can get Tool as the third headliner I will definitely be there but it doesn't look like that is going to be the case.

Well Congratulations Soni, you have totally failed.... Queen with Adam whoever ? i had the fortune to see the original Queen back in the day, and this will just be awful, disappointed in Brian May, big time. And Sonisphere you just havent delivered, Download must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Freddie or no Freddie, for me it doesn't matter if Lambert is singing, it would be amazing to do a singalong to Queen with thousands of fellow Queen fans. It's a great tribute, I'm just gutted I was too young at Wembley when there was a tribute concert... hate him or love him, George Michael, Somebody to love, every fan in arena singing along.... you telling me it won't be great?

The thing is people wouldn't chose Paul Rodgers over Freddie but it sold no issues. The difference is Paul Rodgers has stature in the business over Adam Lambert, BUT Adam's voice is more Freddie-esque and will put a better sound on the songs. S ignore that it's not Freddie cause their latest ticket seller wasn't either and enjoy the best tribute to the man.

The thing is people wouldn't chose Paul Rodgers over Freddie but it sold no issues. The difference is Paul Rodgers has stature in the business over Adam Lambert, BUT Adam's voice is more Freddie-esque and will put a better sound on the songs. S ignore that it's not Freddie cause their latest ticket seller wasn't either and enjoy the best tribute to the man.

Is a Queen/Freddie tribute right for soni or more at home at a 80's rewind or something, just think there is a place for tribute acts Queen or otherwise and i thought Sonisphere was about being the festival that we wanted it to be, Good hard Rock and Roll, It has delivered some class in the previous years and this against those times shows to be bit of a let down

Indeed, but when the paper leaked the Adam Lambert story of what he said, he didn't dress it up as anything more. I'm he he used words similar to we're looking to make it a great tribute to Freddie and showcase these great songs.

It was still a tribute in this case with Paul and sold loads of arena's full, specifically mentioned the 20k o2, how many times I'm unsure but more than once.

I disagree that its for an 80's rewind if they can sell out the o2 and are now accompanied by a more suited singer to the songs. Of course different people will have different views but although they are the actual band. Many questioned wether Biffy should headline and if he could pull it off, many feel it was a success.

I disagree that it's for an 80's rewind if they can sell out the o2 and are now accompanied by a more suited singer to the songs. Of course different people will have different views but although they are the actual band. Many questioned wether Biffy should headline and if he could pull it off, many feel it was a success.

By that criteria, you are saying that U2 would be a good booking for Sonisphere. Think about it.

how many queen t-shirts do you see at your average soni/download?

neither soni nor download are the kinds of festival where Queen fit in. people can try and dress it up however they like, but in the cold light of day, you know its true.

I'm not sure The Rewind fest was actually stated. A 80's rewind thing was. I didn't take that to mean a fest.

Not saying it is based on sales but if they can sell those venue's out, playing a rock fest where the majority will know they're songs isn't a bad idea. Guess we'll see how it goes anyway.