Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with Motley Crue too actually. Who are also doing some EU festivals, and the US leg of Kiss's upcoming tour is going to be a joint Kiss/Motley Crue package thing I heard.

Green Day been announced for Summer Sonic in August, think they'll be doing anything UK wise this summer?

Sure you aren't mistaking the September tour as their American Idiot musical which is running in September? They aren't in that.

Nope, no mistake over that.

However, the info I have about Sept dates is conflicted by other info I've had. The info about Sept dates is by far the better info of those two bits - but that doesn't mean I can guarantee it's right.

i was at the wembley stadium gig, and yes the standing was a sell out however there were many empty seats in the upper tier - i know there was parts that they didn't sell as the view would have been poor but it didn't sell out.

also you can't use these forums to say people all over are itching for a return from them - think about this as being a sample (which it technically is) which doesn't take everyones views into consideration as there will be millions who may listen to green day but not have the desire to see them live.

i think we're in the minority of a crowd that won't wish to see green day live. and when you say about upper tier seats, we can probably excuse that cause why would you want to sit in the sky for a green day gig. lower tier at the max. My point is at a Knebworth gig, they would be standing, same as at R&L. So compare my thought of it selling out realistically with the fact that everyone would be buying a standing and not seating ticket would they not? the better part of seating and the standing sold out within hours.

oh i do want to see green day live, however i'm not itching for them to return cause i know it will happen anyway, and there's no way they would sell knebworth out - they could probably sell 60-70k (thats a guess by the way). also as for seated, some people actually prefer it - if they can't stand for sustained periods of time, if they have kids who are too young to go into the standing etc etc. standing normally sells out in minutes for most bands who are big - if it didn't then you might be concerned/the band have over exposed themselves.

of course they aren't the biggest draw - other bands managed to sell out wembley within hours - foo fighters and muse sold out 2 dates (heck muse have done it twice). they still draw a fairly big following though.

Edited by jump

I saw this interview with Adam backstage at the Grammy rehearsals this weekend, talking about the forthcoming performance with Queen. It starts around 1:50.

Does anyone have any further news on whether GN'R are still in the running for a Fri or Sat night spot? (I know Sun night's out of the question.)

It's sonisphere, it's so obvious it's sonisphere, the rumours have been about for months, and now he's even saying he's definitely playing a show with Queen where as when it was first leaked he said it was all lies. As he said, he just can't reveal anything yet (even though he already did :P ) and he's not saying it's not sonisphere for sure, as he can't.

Everybody (or most people already know) knows that they are playing along with Faith No More, Skrillex, One Minute Silence and a few others. It is just a matter of time before they announce I am guessing some where near the end of February early march time.

Saw Mastodon on Saturday (Brixton) supported by the Dillinger Escape Plan and Red Fang - awesome gig, really hope they all play Sonisphere this summer.

FNM and Queen seem pretty definite now but it's all gone quiet concerning a third headliner. Maybe they'll go back to the same format as in year 2 .... a second stage headliner only on the Friday? That would leave the door open for a newer band like Bullet.

I just hope we get announcements very soon!