The Festival's Not What It Used to Be

Guest ukslim

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear back then if you even took 2 in a night your melon would be well and truly twisted. These days you hear of people taking 10 or more pills in a night. When we were young you'd have died if you tried that.

Maybe as worthyraver says the good stuff is just harder to find. But buying from random dealers in the 90s 9 times out of 10 you got something that did the job, and did it well. Nowadays 9 times out of 10 it does sod all. If you havent got a trusted dealer these days you're screwed. Especially now how even mdma is mostly shite.

Bah!

I really couldn't agree with you more. Nowadays a pill might take you on a nice waltz. Back then the take off and mid flight entertainment were rather akin to a roller coaster. I'd love just one more of them little babies.

I've no personal experience, but stuff I've read lately has said that around 9 out of 10 pills now contain MDA or MDMA when a year ago less than one in ten did, and of those 9 out of 10 nowadays at least one will be very decent indeed (tho priced at around a tenner rather than the quid or two for the shite ones).

If you're not finding those better ones then it's time to change your dealer.

I've no personal experience, but stuff I've read lately has said that around 9 out of 10 pills now contain MDA or MDMA when a year ago less than one in ten did, and of those 9 out of 10 nowadays at least one will be very decent indeed (tho priced at around a tenner rather than the quid or two for the shite ones).

If you're not finding those better ones then it's time to change your dealer.

Some really good ones starting surfacing again around the early part of last year.

Supply was a bit hit and miss, but things have got back to a good healthy pre m-cat level again, with a couple of types being around for the last year or so.

As Neil said, no point selling the rubbish stuff once it became illegal, might as well do it properly and get repeat business.

Trouble is pills are very hard to compare, even if a test for the presence of MDxx has been done this is only half the story as pills will contain other substances for example:

Amphetamine

Speed

Ketamine

PMA (paramethoxyamphetamine)

Caffeine

Ephedrine

Benzylpiperazine

DXM (dextromethorphan)

2cb (unlikely as it would be very good, although there are reported cases)

Some of these can enhance the experience, but which ones are you getting, how much of them, what is the purity and of course some are horrible and can have unpleasant effects, impossible to know exactly what you are getting without gas chromatography mass spectrometry.

I always say MDMA powder and a set of decent scales, but friends of mine disagree going on about some pill they had back when that was great, of course the chances of getting a pill containing the same substances in the same ratio with the same purity is next to zero. Although part of me agrees with them and back in the day I would make up my own "pills" so I knew exactly what was in them.

All that said cider still works :)

A few friends of friends are serious DJ's and clubbers still, so in that respect they're still close to the action - and a few years younger. Festivals and the occasional bank holidays do for me these days.

I handle the comedown better now (prob as not doing them all the time) but as I get older I can see a time when I stop drinking, the hangovers are killers since I hit my mid 30's, even when I've not had that much.