The weather in Shepton Mallet today is .........

Guest Ommadawn

Here on site now. Yeah, there have been a few light showers, but otherwise fairly warm and bright this morning and not especially muddy at all (yet) really. Site is a hive of activity - nothing but hammering, vehicle reversing noises and crew rushing about.

Just got my shifts - not too bad at all really, but will be on shift now for eFests Wednesday meet unfortunately. Was there a Thursday late arrivals one planned?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here on site now. Yeah, there have been a few light showers, but otherwise fairly warm and bright this morning and not especially muddy at all (yet) really. Site is a hive of activity - nothing but hammering, vehicle reversing noises and crew rushing about.

Just got my shifts - not too bad at all really, but will be on shift now for eFests Wednesday meet unfortunately. Was there a Thursday late arrivals one planned?

Edited by rexclark

Have to tell you rained pretty heavily for an hour or so here now - been out around the site and its pretty wet and muddy now so wellies essential I'd say. Staring at Pyramid - seems to have 3 mixing pilons around it now for some reason . . . Many traders still a bit behind due to the weather, but I expect they'll catch up OK. Ulp - raining again :(

Been round the site now. Bullring (not allowed to call it that tho), looks very interesting and quite impressive. Windy now, though rain has somewhat held off thankfully. Its quite muddy - i'd say largely watery slick type mud right now, which tbh will drain away. Have been told that its gonna be showery all week by weather soothsayers here . . . Prepare for a sort of 2008 at the moment - don't reckon it'll be as bad as 2007. Just get a poncho and wellies and you'll be fine. See you all Wed.

Currently light rain in Shepton Mallet. Today could be a bit messy but the forecast for the rest of the week looks ok.

Will be leaving for the site in a couple of hours so hope everyone has a great festival. I'll be popping back home a couple of times over the week so will update this thread re ground conditions etc for those attending later in the week.

It's been raining on and off for the past hour or so in Glastonbury [town]. Two of my tribe set off for Pilton half an hour ago so I'll get a report from on site sometime this afternoon. Luckily for them their tents went in over the weekend and are already set up somewhere in Pennards.

It is brightening up here in Glastonbury [town]. The dark grey sky is now a light grey and the rain has stopped. Looking at the Met Office rainfall radar charts I think that may have been it for now. In fact I can see blue sky over towards Brent Knoll.