Bands to see

Guest Tsaress

This Glastonbury I have very few bands/artists I'm really wanting to see so I was hoping to get advice and maybe discover a few new ones.

Currectly looks like I'm spending most of Friday camped out waiting for U2.

I also hope to see Kaiser Chiefs, Deacon Blue, Cold War Kids and Queens of the Stone Age.

Please can people suggest other bands/artists.

I'm a big Killers fan

I also like Pulp, Blur, David Bowie, 30 Seconds to Mars, Nirvana, The Feeling, Air Traffic, Louis XI, Amy Winehouse, Kings of Leon, Klaxons, Snow Patrol

This Glastonbury I have very few bands/artists I'm really wanting to see so I was hoping to get advice and maybe discover a few new ones.

Currectly looks like I'm spending most of Friday camped out waiting for U2.

I also hope to see Kaiser Chiefs, Deacon Blue, Cold War Kids and Queens of the Stone Age.

Please can people suggest other bands/artists.

I'm a big Killers fan

I also like Pulp, Blur, David Bowie, 30 Seconds to Mars, Nirvana, The Feeling, Air Traffic, Louis XI, Amy Winehouse, Kings of Leon, Klaxons, Snow Patrol

Thanks for the advice everyone this will be my third Glastonbury last one was 2007.

I'm going with a friend who's never camped at a festival or been to Glastonbury and she's a huge U2 fan and wants to be front row.

I'm hoping she will be alot more chilled out by thursday evening and not be too worried about going really early.

I'll check out those bands.

PIece of advice, dont spend your whole of Friday camping out waiting for U2, particularly if you dont like the music on before. There is so much more of the festival to see and it seems a real shame to spend all that money and just park yourself in front of one of the stages for 1/3 of the main music days. You'll have a much better time if you go for a wander as you will come across some lovely surprises which may take your fancy as Glastonbury unlike any other festival has so many hidden gems that a lot of people dont get to see. Feel free to wait around all day for U2 but I would just recommend you take advantage of the world's best festival and go out and explore! You will be able to get a good spot for U2 if you go down to the pyramid a couple of hours before as you will then have plenty of time to snake your way through the crowd to get a good spot.

Weirdly though, 'camping out for U2' is probably a brilliant idea. You will get to see Wu Tang, BB King and Morrissey...pucker!

Although yeah - hanging round places like West Holts, Park (even though it's miles away) is a pretty good call - bands will be good and varied, you'll be much closer, and it's less hassle to go for a pee/beer.

The diversity of other people's music tastes never ceases to amaze me. That people who like Pulp and Bowie also like 30 Seconds to Mars and The Feeling!

Can I just second all the advice about no camping out at the Pyramid before U2. Are you not planning on eating/drinking/going to the loo all day? Because unless that's the case you might as well rock up as Biffy are finishing and you will get as far forward as you like.

The diversity of other people's music tastes never ceases to amaze me. That people who like Pulp and Bowie also like 30 Seconds to Mars and The Feeling!

Can I just second all the advice about no camping out at the Pyramid before U2. Are you not planning on eating/drinking/going to the loo all day? Because unless that's the case you might as well rock up as Biffy are finishing and you will get as far forward as you like.

The Horrors, Yuck, Grouplove and I Am Kloot are all excellent new(ish) bands playing.

You didn't mention Coldplay in your list so I'd advise going to see Wild Beasts at the The Park. Just released a brilliant new album and are always fantastic lvie B)

Edited by PirateMaps