Lily Allen

Guest guypjfreak

I might stop being difficult when you stop being Simon Cowell and saying what is talent and talentless.... or maybe let us make our own mind up.. Or am at at f***ing Reading festival.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so pissed off with people making judgement on what is good music and bad.... Turn up... If you don't like it.. f**k off. It's what a festival is about. So easy to sit and say someone's this and that. Try to do better or go and watch someone better or just shut the f**k up and enjoy. I wish I could post this to every thread that attacks bands. If we all liked the same, how boring would that be. I don't normally rant but FFS. If she wants to play and you want to see... Let her... and if you don't want to see her. Go to another field. It's Glastonbury FFS. xx

She's a talent vacuum. Her music is unbelievably simplistic and her lyrics puerile doggerel. This would be fine, everybody has a right to get out the old Bontempi and coin a tune, but the way the music business works at the moment Allen succeeding, possibly off the back her family's fame, means that other people don't get to make a living as musicians.

I don't mind her. I'm not a huge fan of her music, it's really not my sort of stuff, but there are a few hummable tunes, nothing wrong with it, in the main. Don't really understand the vitriol towards, I'm convinced there are far more worthy targets - I could name a dozen more manufactured acts without even pausing.

She's a talent vacuum. Her music is unbelievably simplistic and her lyrics puerile doggerel. This would be fine, everybody has a right to get out the old Bontempi and coin a tune, but the way the music business works at the moment Allen succeeding, possibly off the back her family's fame, means that other people don't get to make a living as musicians.

I wish I'd read your opinion before wasting my time going to see her 3 times. I was under the impression she wrote some good tunes, some funny lyrics and that she was an engaging and entertaining character. I must have been mistaken. Nor did I realise there was a quota system for musicians - you live an learn. I'm off to find someone musically talented but dull - there must be loads of session musicians out there who'd love a place on the roster.

Used to think she was a silly little girl living off her dad's fame and notoriety. In fact, I was very anti everything about her because of this.

Now, feel I was a bit hard on her, she had some talent, but think she's grown into a genuinely interesting, decent human being. Less fame hungry, and more down to earth. Even before her tragic circumstances recently.

Her music is still puerile pop shite tho IMO :D

Funny that I can't help but sing along when I hear it tho! :S

If you don't know the difference between a debate and one line 'they're shit' then carry on having your mass debates. meanwhile I'll go listen to some music and decide whether I like it or not and let other decide the same.

Yes and if you`re really lucky you might see Kate Moss wandering around

Mr EAVIS has said..

"I've known her since she was tiny. She's such a star. I'd love to get her out of retirement.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3591478/Lily-Allen-to-spend-honeymoon-at-Glastonbury.html#ixzz1MuneSEjQ

so do you reckon she will play .i do :D:D

She has the same talent that Jordan has, i.e. the ability to make some people interested in her and her life. She can retire from music as she is now a 'celebrity' much the same as Jordan and the other people you see daily in the tabloids. Her music is (was) nonsensical pop no better (or worse) than the Cheeky Girls, it's a bit depressing that so many Glasto goers seem to think she is of some worth and the gushing from Eavis in the article above is pretty sickening.

No its a discussion board, people discuss there opinions on acts, some people think an act shit, others think they are the best other. Sometimes peoples minds change at the end of the discussion.

For the record shes not to bad I don't think, great bit of eye candy at any fest.

the problem is that opinions are not discussed. People just post on these forums "so and so is shit" or "so and so has no talent". Very rarely is it backed up with any explanation on what they base their opinion on. Half of the time people say it because they think it is the "cool" thing to say because god forbid anybody likes any pop music on these forums, it is Glasto after all don't you know.

I think there's a certain amount of that, yes.

Sometimes it feels like it's almost 'obligatory' to hate certain bands or artists.

For the most part, I would rather listen to and appreciate a piece of music/a song, and rate it on its own merits, regardless of what genre it's from, or whether it's 'fashionable' to like them or not. There's a few of her songs I don't mind, and after what she's been through in the past year I've actually got a lot of respect for her. it takes a lot of character for someone to endure the loss of a child in the manner that she did, and come out the other side. She certainly seems more 'adult' now. Besides which, without knowing her personally what right have I or anyone else for that matter got to judge her...beyond the media that I have access to I have no other knowledge of her and I'm old enough and ugly enough not to believe everything I read in the papers.

the problem is that opinions are not discussed. People just post on these forums "so and so is shit" or "so and so has no talent". Very rarely is it backed up with any explanation on what they base their opinion on. Half of the time people say it because they think it is the "cool" thing to say because god forbid anybody likes any pop music on these forums, it is Glasto after all don't you know.