Advice for a Glastonbury virgin

Guest Pilton1988

Long drops over turdis' every time. I take a smoke (helps with the smell) listen to music and generally try and keep my mind occupied. A controversial tactic is to try and eat spicy food because it'll be over quicker but this is probably something that is not shared with other efesters :lol:

No, they are not pleasant.

Yes, they are bearable.

Probably, they are not as bad as some people make out.

Also, they are a necessity, so just prepare your mind for it and do the necessary as and when required.

Don't spoil your weekend by fretting about it, or walking for miles to a remote toilet that isn't as busy.

It was my first time last year, and I was expecting the worst.. Especially as a slight mysophobe.

Not all the toilets are bad though.. And with some hygiene wipes, a bit of body spray and lots of hand disinfectant, i was completely fine with it. So if I managed, it can't be that bad :P

Having a small torch on you at night is handy too so that you can see clearly what you are up against. You'll be lashed by this stage so will need all the help you can get to avoid IT happening. Doesn't bear thinking about he says with a shudder.

NOTE - remember the pile of shite in some portaloos can and does go higher than the level of the seat - hence the above.

Good luck to all.

My advise is to try to make an effort to do the big jobs in daylight hours, because come sundown it gets much much more difficult due to visiblity and intoxication issues.

The toilets at glast are not too bad all things concidered, but I do think those tall long drops are designed very badly. I find them almost impossible to use cause the seat it too high up :s

You can find decent toilets around the site, i honestly think the toilet situation at Glasto is better than any other festival i have been to. I prefer the long drops as they are cooler and although there is some smell, it is no where near as bad as a portaloo.

I used to really dislike using toilets that were not my own, but after my first few festivals i dont care anymore.

I agree with this. I'd also recommend taking some Vicks Vaporub or similar. Smear some of that under your nose before you go in and it'll block out a lof of smells (clean your hands of vaporub before touching any sensitive areas though)

Yep, long drops get my vote too. But using a portaloo just after they've been cleaned is even better (only managed that once!). Glasto toilets are miles better than the ones at Reading, no comparison. If you're a girl, worth trying the She Pee - no qs, but does need some practice to avoid peeing down your leg :P