Queues in the fields wednesday

Guest Marmite Monster

PGC always has queues at various times of the week/weekend. Mainly, as already stated above, because of the thousands of campervanners having to use the same gate as everyone else. Why they still haven't designated a seperate gate for them is just plain daft.

They do feed people from the west car parks to Ped Gate A. This is exactly what I did last year. You queue up at Wicket Gate and if there are no people queuing from the buses etc (obviously they go straight though) you get fed in to this gate. We arrived at 8am and were in through the gate at about 10am which at the time we moaned about!!! But reading the experiances of others we were obviously blessed!

Hello All,

whilst I am hoping the q's at PGD will be a little more chilled this year, if it is looking like it'll be a few hours, one of the group will look to see if we can get in via PGE - my theory being that there is no car parking down that side of the festival site, so should be fewer people.

However,

I've not done this before (I don't recall there being a gate down there before!) - does anyone have any views on if there are any restrictions to those people entering via PGE?? I.e. limited to campervanners?

Hello All,

whilst I am hoping the q's at PGD will be a little more chilled this year, if it is looking like it'll be a few hours, one of the group will look to see if we can get in via PGE - my theory being that there is no car parking down that side of the festival site, so should be fewer people.

However,

I've not done this before (I don't recall there being a gate down there before!) - does anyone have any views on if there are any restrictions to those people entering via PGE?? I.e. limited to campervanners?

I don't understand this ... I arrived by coach at around midday on Wednesday, walked straight in with no queues, headed up to Park Home Ground and pitched a 4 man tent in loads of space.

Edited by Spindles

Hello All,

However,

Edited by ark

I got quite irritated last year as my group joined the queue at about 6am on Wednesday having arrived on Tuesday and slept in the car park overnight.

Two queues formed out of the car park, one from each direction to the exit of the car park. Not ideal - but I was fine with that. What I was NOT fine with was people arriving in the car park about 8am an ignoring these two queues, coming down the middle of the field and stright to the head of the queue. The stewards didn't do anything to stop it and it felt a bit rubbish to have been waiting in the queue for 2 hours only to see people turning up and pushing straight to the head of the queue.

Oh well - it's always going to be difficult getting that number of people on site when everyone arrives in such a short span of time, I guess.

Judging by the number of people talking about arriving first thing, I'd say the queues are going to be as bad this year as last year, if not worse. I think those queues scared a lot of people in to thinking "OMG we've got to arrive even earlier"

Hopefully GFL have learnt how to manage these queues better, and there will at least be water (no, not from the sky, evil rain gods) provided.

I got quite irritated last year as my group joined the queue at about 6am on Wednesday having arrived on Tuesday and slept in the car park overnight.

Two queues formed out of the car park, one from each direction to the exit of the car park. Not ideal - but I was fine with that. What I was NOT fine with was people arriving in the car park about 8am an ignoring these two queues, coming down the middle of the field and stright to the head of the queue. The stewards didn't do anything to stop it and it felt a bit rubbish to have been waiting in the queue for 2 hours only to see people turning up and pushing straight to the head of the queue.

Oh well - it's always going to be difficult getting that number of people on site when everyone arrives in such a short span of time, I guess.