Freestylers

Guest JiltedJames

Doing my annual scan through the lineup and trying to discover some new stuff. I've had a listen to 'Adventures in Freestyle' and like it very much. Has anyone seen Freestylers before, and if so, can you tell me what they're like in the flesh? Ta.

i saw them years ago, maybe 98 or so at a big free gig in Heaton Park, Manchester. i loved all that big beat stuff back then, though that night i was high on mushrooms and more interested in cow tipping (we failed).

i still love their 'FSUK:2' mix and the Ruffneck/Spaced Invader single.

and that 9 minute remix of Audioweb's 'Policeman Skank' is sublime.

anything after 1998, well i dunno really...

Yeah, I agree with Karmann. Real good breakbeat (or at least it used to be). Although I reckon We Rock Hard is a better album than Raw as F*ck. Not sure what their newer stuff is like though?

Definitely worth checking out if you fancy some lively beats!!

It was '99 (I was there too). Also supposed to play in 05 but dropped out with no notice so hotfooted it to the Pyramid just in time to see Bobby Gillespie abusing the crowd.

We Rock Hard is an awesome album. If they play live it will be bass heavy breaks with a live band (well worth seeing). If DJ will it be a vaguely breaksy mash up with all sorts thrown in (at Bestival they were mixing the likes of Aha and UB40 with D&B).

I never have the faintest clue what year anything happens. I remember what was on last year, I remember, there were some rainy years recently and some a long time ago. I remember the pyramid when it wasn't a pyramid, but not when it was originally a pyramid. Other than that, I have no clue :-(