Anyone had/got one of these trolleys?

Guest jeffie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, bought one earlier this year. Not used it properly (ie stacked with stuff) but seems pretty sturdy. Was a bit annoyed though when it turned up looking a bit second hand - slightly rusty in places, bits not pushed in right - but I intend to pimp it up a bit anyway. Folds up small and isnt too heavy either.

Have a pop into B&Q mate,they do a very good orange sack trolley,neumatic wheels,used one for the last few years.This will show how much weight they can take,i used it to cart a concrete garage into my backyard,section by section and each one of them is heavy.Around £22 aswell.

Edited by baxterboy

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, have seen that done, but christ come your destination your back would be bloody killing you!! all the stop/starting while queueing and picking it up/putting it down again would be a right pain in the arse too. for twenty quid a decent sack truck with pneumatic wheels better option, or if willing to push the boat out buy a garden trolley for fifty.... we had one last year and it was bliss, so much so that I'm getting another to go with it this year!! soon as you've emptied them whack em in the lockups, if you leave some beer in them too it'll stay cooler as the lockups under canvas

I like the look of that, saw one the other day on the way to work (I walk past a lake and a fisherman had one, looked bang on). It's a very good price and is lighter weight than a b+q sack truck, which is in my view, too heavy for trains.

A mate is dropping me down to the carpark Tuesday night, so I can take a fair bit of weight in with this, then pack it up and carry it home on the train when I don't have to lug the booze/food and have only tent, etc to carry.

Sod it. Bought one while I was typing this post, perfect for my needs.

My advice is dont! I had one like this last year and it gave me nothing but missery!

1. all my stuff fell off (due to me not securing well enought, I know)

2. The wheels didnt move on the grass that well.

3. Pulling it uup the hill to get into site was horrible and I ended up cutting myself.

4. I ended up lifting it the last 20 minutes as it just kept falling to one side!

However, It may just had been I over filled the trolley!

I've used a similar fold down type fishing trolley for a few years without major problem.

Tips ;

- The wheels usually attach by a catch of sorts. Make sure this is kept in good condition. i.e. clean the mud from the catch after each trip.

- Don't completely overload it and expect it not to fail. I usually use it for carting beer and tent and then carry my rucksack of clothes on my back.

- Take a roll of clingfilm in the car. When you have loaded the trolley, wrap the shit out of it. Nothing will fall off if you do this.

- Take some cheap gardening gloves to prevent blisters when pulling it as the sometimes the handles aren't that brilliant.

Lastly, if there is 3 feet of mud then just accept that you are going to struggle and should have bought a sled. :)

Indeed, sleds also work well in dry conditions, same rule I expect, works well as long as you don't overload it.

So far the comms from the site have been first class, got my tracking number tonight and will excitedly describe what I receive when it gets here. I've seen similar trolleys used for local fisherman and while they don't have to deal with something as heavy on the joints as glastonbury they look sturdy enough to me.

I'm not intending to overload, it is merely the volume that would be afforded to me that appeals, rather than trying to get 8 cases of strongbow and all my gear on it (I absolutely LOVE watching the overconfident lads with their gaffer taped collections of 7 million cans, makes me smile every time)

Ordered on Sunday, bank holiday weekend. Despatch notification hit my inbox first thing Tuesday morning and delivery took place today, a very efficient delivery service and the £6.99 delivery charge was justified (parcelforce 48). Communication from the company was excellent.

Unpacked and the trolley is pre-assembled apart from popping the wheels on the axle and fitting a couple of end caps. Wheels are a good standard from my experience.

Build quality is good, weighs around 7kg so not as heavy as a b@q sack truck, but with healthy capacity. Packing and unpacking is a doddle, the only minus is that it could use a clip to hold it closed more effectively when packed up and carrying, as carrying it wrong would see it try to unfold.

I'll post back on my experience with it after I've given it a festival outing. I might go to bearded theory next weekend, if I do I'll give it a test run there.

I have used a fishing trolley that is very similar to the Funky Leisure festival trolley and it has been excellent at Glastonbury and other places. This year I have invested in one of the Funky Leisure jobbies and my fishing one is going to my friend. Reasons I upgraded were this packs up smaller and better, has a more comfortable loop type handle and is of sturdier box section steel construction (where required), the only negative points compared to the fishing trolley is that once the wheels are fitted they appear not to be easily and practically removable and the wheels are smaller. Whatever trolley you choose make sure the tyres are well blown up before you arrive at the festival a trolley or sack barrow is a real pain to push or pull with flat or under inflated tyres.

Although a lot of people recommend B&Q trolleys they are not really practical unless you have a big car or a roof rack, we have a Mini Cooper and anything that is going with us has to be small enough to fit in. One thing I would say is do not buy the cheap type sack barrows you can find that have extendable handles and wheels that fold in to make them compact, you will see lots of these abandoned or broken off wheels from them within 50 yards of the entrance, they are just not up to the task and I would imagine very frustrating. I thought I would post a few pictures below so you can see the difference between the Funky leisure trolley and the fishing trolley and also the (very) collapsible folding compact sack barrow.

P1000845.jpg

Trolleys folded

P1000846.jpg

Attachment of wheels

P1000849.jpg

P1000850.jpg

Compact folding sack barrows- Avoid these or anything similar like the plague

2181.jpg