Clashfinder 2011

Guest halvin

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a new feature for you -- you can now import your friends' highlights to your clashfinder. You can import up to eight highlight groups (on top of the four that you can set yourself).

To import a friend's highlights, you'll need to ask him for his short user ID. He'll find it in the Sharing box on his clashfinder page, in the bit marked "Your UID". The short UID is six characters, a dot, and two characters (e.g. 0032bo.wk).

Another way to get a short UID is from an address that someone's posted -- if the address has "user=" towards the end, the bit that comes after "user=" is the short UID (not including the ampersand).

Once you've got the UID, click Customise your Clashfinder then the Friends tab. Enter the UID in the first box, the highlight set in the second (this is the highlight set that they've used to set their highlights -- if you're not sure, leave it at 1) and then put their name in the third.

Click Submit and you should get their highlights displayed on your clashfinder. Note that the highlights are read-only -- you can't edit them -- but they will update if your friend changes them (a page refresh will be required if the highlights are changed while you've got your clashfinder open).

Click Save to save your clashfinder with the imported highlights.

:)

What phone do you have? Doesn't it work on an iPhone?

For the record, I agree with Pete. A disposable piece of paper is a much better thing to use at the festival. If other people want to use their phones then I ought to cater for that, but it's difficult to get enthusiastic.

Edited by MEGABOWL

Just wondering matey, as you now have an official connection with the festival, have they given you any idea of when they're going to release the full timings to you? I mean are they planning to have a joint release of them with the official site, or will you just have to take them from there?

As much as I love the idea that your relationship with them is all fluffy and very Glastonbury, from your comments on the forum I'm guessing that it's a fairly one-sided affair.

Just wondering matey, as you now have an official connection with the festival, have they given you any idea of when they're going to release the full timings to you? I mean are they planning to have a joint release of them with the official site, or will you just have to take them from there?

As much as I love the idea that your relationship with them is all fluffy and very Glastonbury, from your comments on the forum I'm guessing that it's a fairly one-sided affair.

I don't know when they're going to release the full line-up but I've been told that I'll get them a little in advance so we can do a simultaneous release. How that actually worked last year was that they gave me the full timings well in advance but I wasn't allowed to release them, I then saw on this site that they'd announced them on the official site so I did a speedy update on mine. The slight problem was that, by the time I was allowed to release the times, some of them were already out of date.

You've got to remember that 'the Festival' is made up of loads of different groups. When they're collecting the set-times, they're getting them from, say, twenty different sources. By the time you've got the information from the last group, the info you got from the first group will be out of date. From what I understand, it was one of the main stages who put the brakes on the release last year.

No to both questions.

I have considered doing a custom search button. It'd work in a similar way to FireFox bookmarks - you'd enter an address on the page somewhere (probably the controls box), putting %s in the address anywhere your search term appears. It's a bit difficult to explain, probably easier just to do it and let you know the address you need for setlist.