Pulp for Glastonbury 2011?

Guest markslack50

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying Jarvis Cocker and Richard Hawley will be playing since well before the guessing started and looking to be very likely now too seen as Neil says not a full Pulp set,

I have seen these guys play together in Kerry just after Xmas and was a good show but will need to include Pulp songs as all they really played was solo stuff and one cover song, Wandering Star featuring Lisa Hannigan

Oh forgot to add that I have no source for this info but more or less a clever guess

Edited by gorgeousgeorge

After hearing talk of Pulp for so long I'd be pretty disappointed even if we got Jarvis/Richard Hawley etc. These ensembles for me don't work all that well and I'd much rather see a proper band play their own songs.

Although if this happens, then surely it'd have to be the Friday? Because Emily said that the Saturday Park Stage slot was huge and there'd be serious health and safety issues with revealing it early - something this certainly wouldn't apply to.

So if it's full on Pulp then maybe the Friday or Saturday. If it's just Jarvis and a few others, then most likely Friday, with someone much bigger playing the Saturday.

Considering Pulp's tweet earlier, it's bound to be Pulp related. Can imagine Hawley and Jarvis appearing with Eddy though

yep, I reckon that's a decent possibility as they've done it before.

However, that's not what I referring to with what I posted. What I was told (which I stress, I can't be sure is true) is that there'll be a Jarvis-fronted performance somewhere at a some point, which might not be the full-Pulp thing for contractual reasons.

I think we'll only be seeing Jarvis with Discodeine this year.

The info I've now had would dispute the 'only', but I'd say that's a decent possibility too*, but a lower one than the possibility of playing with Duain Eddy. If he is playing anywhere I'm not entirely sure how much he'd be up for playing every possibility there is.

(* decent if Jarvis is on-site and doing performances, that it)

Guest blackcockerel

He does get about a bit when there. In 09 as well as his own show he played bass on Big Bottom with Spinal Tap and appeared with Schlomo (is that his name?)

I always thought the Special Guests slot was a way of getting round the contractual rubbish anyway - since the artist wouldnt be on the bill then it wouldnt take away people buying tickets for the festivals where they are playing?

Plus they're hardly a "festival exclusive" for anyone - theyre playing IoW, Leeds/Reading and Wireless this summer in the UK.

The info I've now had would dispute the 'only', but I'd say that's a decent possibility too*, but a lower one than the possibility of playing with Duain Eddy. If he is playing anywhere I'm not entirely sure how much he'd be up for playing every possibility there is.

(* decent if Jarvis is on-site and doing performances, that it)

Guest blackcockerel

The tweet was very quickly amended - the original version said much more than that. Probably too much infact if there's a need to keep it quiet. A certain festival and a certain stage were referenced! Didn't say which day though, before you ask!

Dave

Edited by blackcockerel

Saw Jarvis this evening at a fair in fulham. He said Pulp wouldn't play Glastonbury again, they've had great times there and don't want to go over old ground.

There was no wink wink, seemed pretty serious about it. :(