How do they kick you out with day tickets...?

Guest lolbeck

I'm not going myself, but my little sister's got a day ticket for the Friday at Reading and me and my parents were wondering how security know, at the end of the day, who needs to be kicked out and who doesn't, and how they go about ejecting people etc.?

They don't.

They pretty much take it on faith that day ticketers will leave when they're supposed to. A person could theoretically turn up with a day ticket on the Friday and then stay in the campsite until the Monday. If they notice somebody without a valid wristband then they will eject them (you get taken to/through a special ejection tent and then chucked out I think?) - so its a case of just staying out the way of the security really.

You'll be able to get onto the campsite with a tix regardless if it's weekend or day but a day tix will only get you a wristband that allows you into the main arena for specific day for the bands, you wouldn't be able to use it for others. In theory you could stay in the campsite for the entire weekend but that would be boring.

This is what my 2 friends did in 2010. Got 2 Friday tickets & stayed until Sunday afternoon, just as the weather turned bad. Never had a problem although they didn't walk around the campsite much during the day but at night was fine. Even went to the silent disco a few times! I had a spare tent as I could fit 2 Gelert pop up tents in one bag.

Just be wary though, if they're all going for the day and walk through the day ticket entrance with sleeping bag and rucksack it's likely that they will be pulled up for it. If her mates are there all weekend and she's just crashing with them then it'll be fine.

Just be wary though, if they're all going for the day and walk through the day ticket entrance with sleeping bag and rucksack it's likely that they will be pulled up for it. If her mates are there all weekend and she's just crashing with them then it'll be fine.

I know that day ticket holders aren't allowed to camp overnight but is there a rule that says that they aren't allowed in the campsites (unless walking through to the arena)? If she gets caught during the day with he friends in the campsite then can't she just say that she's meeting up with them before going into the arena? If she's only going to the campsite with them right at the end of the day then surely it would be too busy/dark for bands to be checked, plus as it's colder at that time of night so loads of people will be wearing sleeves.

Edited by mrtourette

I know that day ticket holders aren't allowed to camp overnight but is there a rule that says that they aren't allowed in the campsites (unless walking through to the arena)? If she gets caught during the day with he friends in the campsite then can't she just say that she's meeting up with them before going into the arena? If she's only going to the campsite with them right at the end of the day then surely it would be too busy/dark for bands to be checked, plus as it's colder at that time of night so loads of people will be wearing sleeves.

Our camp got checked almost every nightly by security last year, though in fairness we were still up when everyone else had gone to bed.

If your sister is gonna do it, make sure she isn't too fussed about roughing it outside the camp if she gets booted man.

Or maybe if she is crashing, just go straight to bed, I've not seen then wake people up to check bands.

Last year 2 guys I didn't really know, but went up with as we shared a mutual friend, came up with us on the thursday, but only had Friday day tickets, but decided to come anyway for the lift, and that they would have a night out in Reading and just hang around till morning kind of thing.

They queued with us in the wristband exchange queue, hoping to persuade the people there to let them stay over on the thursday evening. I told them there was no way they would be allowed, but they saw no harm in trying anyway.

Well bugger me, at wristband exchange they both walked up, started chatting confidently to the lady there whilst handing over there friday ticket... both got weekend wristbands!

Personally it irritates me that I paid more than them for the same thing, but I couldn't blame them for not saying "oh I think you've given me the wrong wristband", im pretty sure I would have done the same as them under the circumstances (just walked in with my mouth shut)