Arctic monkeys & kasabian

Guest morph100

I think Kasabian would accept an other stage headline slot at this point in their career. It is a step up from opening for springsteen and would give them a captive audience of people who are there for them and them alone, meaning the crowd will be more into it than previous appearances (2009 was a bit flat for me, with the crowd not really providing the atmosphere the music deserved).

They must be due a new record, but their releases always sort of sneak up on me (not having a TV/radio doesn't really help there:p) and I'd be prepared to give them another shot to see if it was a better gig (clashes permitting) as I've always enjoyed their records, even if they lack staying power (can't remember the last time I stuck one of their albums on)

Arctic Monkeys I dunno. Would they be happy to play mid afternoon/early evening on the other stage now? I can't see them warranting a higher billing or stage, frankly.

Both bands are playing Rock Werchter in a non headline slot, Kasabian are 4th from the top.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/index.aspx

So there is a chance they could play either lower down on the Pyramid or headline the other stage. I would guess it would come to money rather than pride?

I'd say Kasabian at a push may headline the Other stage, but i doubt it. And as for the arctics, they won't be there.

With regards to RW, its in Belgium. Different bands have different popularity in different countries so you can't read that far into it.