Next new announcement 23rd Feb..Hopefully

Guest Go_Go_Tonymon

So that's 15 bands and counting(INCLUDING A HEADLINER) tba :D

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the fact that the 3rd headliner is being announced alongside 15 or so others suggest it is not likely to be a universally popular headliner? A big name would surely get most of the hype to itself from a much smaller announcement?

You know whats worrying

Download generally announces on a Monday night, this time around they're announcing on a Wednesday night, Wednesday 23rd Feb to be precise. Guess who's UK tour finishes the day before on Tuesday 22nd....

My Chemical Romance.

And I know its been flatout denied by Download that they're playing, it just seems an worrying conincidence...

Edited by luckysalt

You know whats worrying

Download generally announces on a Monday night, this time around they're announcing on a Wednesday night, Wednesday 23rd Feb to be precise. Guess who's UK tour finishes the day before on Tuesday 22nd....

My Chemical Romance.

And I know its been flatout denied by Download that they're playing, it just seems an worrying conincidence...

well to be fair to AC i dont think he was ever going to get anything near the set of headliners he got last year, and the amount of bitch fits about the undercard probably let him to wanting a more balanced line up this year. at the end of the day, id rather have a long day of great music and an average headliner than a great headliner, but having to wait through hours and hours of gash. or only getting a 2 and a half day festival like last year. still. we'll have to wait and see he could pull something crazy out of the hat.

I think MCR could easily happen, as they're album wasn't as big of a hit as people expected. Thus I reckon Reading maybe opted to stick someone else as headliner and left MCR to go to Download... and if Download are failing to get anyone else then it makes sense.

Could still be Reading mind you, could see pulp headline the Sunday and MCR be dropped or something.

i remember a few months bk ac said on twitter, when sum1 asked if they are worthy of a headline slot anymo, somthing like "they (mcr) are bigger (now) than in 2007, their new album will prove that."

He doesnt usually defend acts he knows are playing a rival fest

Bt id be surprised if they did headline this year.

but would mcr wana return to a festival that treated them so badly last time? ie the bottle throwing. But yeah i reckon theres a strong chance its them tho. Looks like 1 of 3 atm. Soundgarden, Tool, MCR....Flip a Coin. A 3 way coin that is!......long shot would be The Scorpions, depends how desperate Copping gets. Its not gona be a really big headliner tho.....as u wouldnt announce a further 15 or so bands to be announced at the same time...

Edited by r0w

but would mcr wana return to a festival that treated them so badly last time? ie the bottle throwing. But yeah i reckon theres a strong chance its them tho. Looks like 1 of 3 atm. Soundgarden, Tool, MCR....Flip a Coin. A 3 way coin that is!......long shot would be The Scorpions, depends how desperate Copping gets. Its not gona be a really big headliner tho.....as u wouldnt announce a further 15 or so bands to be announced at the same time...