Does anyone have a slight feeling the 3rd headliner could be...

Guest VCK

...Pulp?

They could easily headline, if Muse are headlining Reading Friday and The Strokes on Reading Saturday, I think they'd be suited to the "legends slot" like Radiohead were. Give the "heavy day" to Muse, let The Strokes have all the NME Indie toss, and then have a mixed line-up on Pulp's day, The Prodigy, Manics and Feeder would all make a good run up.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed subbing everywhere, but they deserve a headline slot. Bigger legends than Blink 182 anyway. ;)

Just a thought anyway, people are suggesting Green Day but I think them with Muse and The Strokes would seem a bit too bland and predictable. They always get one or two headliners not many people expect. We are, after all, not T In The Park. :P

They are indeed subbing everywhere, but they deserve a headline slot. Bigger legends than Blink 182 anyway. ;)

Just a thought anyway, people are suggesting Green Day but I think them with Muse and The Strokes would seem a bit too bland and predictable. They always get one or two headliners not many people expect. We are, after all, not T In The Park. :P

People are only suggesting Green Day because people always suggest Green Day. I'm not quite sure why everyone ignores this nice and reliable website we all utilise by pretending that MCR couldn't possibly be the headliners.

As for Pulp, being bigger 'legends' than Blink is all well and good, but measuring a bands actual size and popularity has so many different methods that its hardly worth doing, many a fruitless thread on here has been wasted on such endeavours. The fact is they are massively unlikely to be headliners if they're not exclusive, especially if the other festivals they play are not as headliners.

I'd believe MCR would headline if Muse were rumoured to be closing the Sunday at Reading, a slot definitely big enough for them.

I mean, not that I'd care because there's always going to be bands I really like booked and would make room for a decent NME/FR headliner, but imagine the outcry on here if MCR were announced as Sunday headliners at Reading! :lol:

Blink were part of Pop-Punk, a movement which meant pretty much nothing in the long run, it just consisted of a bunch of American "dudes" who wore baggy shorts and sang about skateboarding and having sex whilst strumming 3 power chords. Pulp were one of the leading acts in Britpop, one of the greatest movements in Alternative Music in recent years which helped shape Indie music. (For better or for worse, you decide, but it's legacy is more than notable)

I think it's arguable that Indie is more popular over here than Punk at least.

I'd believe MCR would headline if Muse were rumoured to be closing the Sunday at Reading, a slot definitely big enough for them.

I mean, not that I'd care because there's always going to be bands I really like booked and would make room for a decent NME/FR headliner, but imagine the outcry on here if MCR were announced as Sunday headliners at Reading! :lol:

Blink were part of Pop-Punk, a movement which meant pretty much nothing in the long run, it just consisted of a bunch of American "dudes" who wore baggy shorts and sang about skateboarding and having sex whilst strumming 3 power chords. Pulp were one of the leading acts in Britpop, one of the greatest movements in Alternative Music in recent years which helped shape Indie music. (For better or for worse, you decide, but it's legacy is more than notable)

I think it's arguable that Indie is more popular over here than Punk at least.

I don't think Pulp will headline, but I do think they'll play.

I'd love to see a leftfield headliner like Daft Punk play but I sadly can't see it happening.

ive been saying for a couple of years they should have a 90s festival, like the 80s rewind festival and it looks like your sunday lineup could be that vck. throw in a bit of shed seven and gene and it would be ideal.

sunday

prodigy(do what they do abroad and have a dnace act on last)

blur

pulp

portishead

manics

feeder

shed seven

gene

what a day that would be

im going of thread here but I would go for arctic monkeys, with pulp subbing.

Edited by rexclark

ive been saying for a couple of years they should have a 90s festival, like the 80s rewind festival and it looks like your sunday lineup could be that vck. throw in a bit of shed seven and gene and it would be ideal.

sunday

prodigy(do what they do abroad and have a dnace act on last)

blur

pulp

portishead

manics

feeder

shed seven

gene

what a day that would be

im going of thread here but I would go for arctic monkeys, with pulp subbing.

i'd love to see pulp, but neil's prediction seems more fitting : pulp under the strokes on saturday.

as for the third headliner i can see Blur fitting in rather nicely.

reading has pulled off the Libertines reunion, and in 2009 they had radiohead.

so i'd expect some kind of reunited or some unexpected act that is exclusive to Reading.

Blur's done Glasto and TITP so it's only logical that they do Reading.

coincides well with Damon saying that 'blur will do something' in 2011.

or the Killers. but they've been too recently.