Arctics / Eminem ?

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that matter?

Arctics had to make a third record like they did, and it was the right choice. I wouldn't agree with the second record being poor, but the third record is definitely the best. WPSIAM was a great record, but very generic. Arctics used the third to completely move away from that, and they did very well. Dance Little Liar is one of the best Arctics tracks they have recorded.

The Arctics are a very good band live I don't know how long ago you saw them but they have really grown from Whatever People Say I Am when there was little crown interaction,

I didn't see Eminem at Oxegen last year (went to Mumford) but supposedly he was phenomenal. A lot of my friends who went to see him only because nobody else they liked was on came back raving about how good he was.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling that might have been a mutual thing - them thinking that Reading was a poor fest for a number of reasons, which then impacted on their set.

I'd be surprised if they're prepared to ever play at Reading fest again ... which seems to be a theme that's growing with a number of big bands from snippets I've heard in the last couple of years.

Ive seen the Arctics 4 times and they just get worse every time , last time at Leeds fest 2009 they were so boring no response to the crowd what so ever.(Alex been to far up his own, i think).

Eminem no thanks , i was gonna come back to V this year as i cant make Leeds due to sisters wedding but i think ill give it a miss altogether this year.

I now people love both these acts they are just not for me.

Arcade Fire, the Libs or even Coldplay would have done me.

• 2 weeks later...