pulp

Guest LEDZEP66

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ask him about a US tour?

And it's only classified if you sign or agree something, and you only do that if you're playing. I'm not playing Glasto and can tell you that I'm not because the organizers didn't request (or contractually demand) that I keep quiet about it.

I'm reaching, right? :P

Guest blackcockerel

Not worth bothering with really. Just old stuff. They are pushing for them to headline Glasto though. I bought it for the first time in years and it was even worse than I remember!

I wouldn't buy the hits instead pick up at least Different Class and His N Hers. If you like that sound I'd try Separations, it's just not quite as popular.

This is Hardcore is probably my favourite Pulp album, but it's nothing at all like Different Class with the exception of Help the Aged, it's darker and harder to listen to if you are from a pop/indie background - doesn't stop it being a masterpiece. Almost the same could be said for We Love Life. The deluxe version of TIH have some fantastic b-sides on them too, same with DC and HNH's.

I'd just buy all five and then maybe get the best of the older albums - the first three are a bit more patchy but do contain some gems like 'Dogs are Everywhere' 'Little Girl (with Blue Eyes)' 'The Mark of the Devil' etc.