The Walking Dead

luckysalt

Sorry III, I should have spoiled the last part I guess but I didn't think it was too important, its not really, that part.

What issue are you on? 3rd book did you say? which is issues 25-32?

Scottie I'll spoiler to you

I TOTALLY saw the guy at the end of the episode who was in Gareths flashback when he was in the storage bin and IMMEDIATELY I thought, shit that could have been Negan...

However Gareth said they overtook the place back and that would put Negan down as someone who lost power already and thats not a great way to be introduced into the show

I cant see Gareth becoming Negan, no way no how just doesn't fit the role.

Have you seen the show The Strain, the rat catcher from that said he was offered the role of Negan.

I'm at the bit where

Rick, Glenn and Michonne go out to the crashed helicopter.

Morgan doesn't say anything does he? EDIT oh you mean in a previous ep

Yeah in series 3 - the episode 'Clear' watched it again last night. Tried not freezing all the writing on the walls too much, couldn't see any mention of Terminus though. The thing that stuck in my mind was morgan's warning "the kinds of people you meet are the worst kinds" - I wonder if that was a general quote or if he meant someone in particular - the wall does have 'bad meat' scrawled on it. So I think he had been to Terminus before. His map does include the x symbol and so I wonder if he made it in the tree - to either symbolise it was 'clear' or it marks a trap - he does like his trap. I need to now watch the episode with Randall to see if the trap was marked with one of those symbols. The guy who was in the container had the symbol tattooed on his forehead.

I wonder is it related to the X Clementine finds in the game? - from the game not the comic/series

Edit: Just thought the car that took Beth had a cross on it - and Daryl mentioned that this episode.

Edited by 5co77ie

Question on most recent ep for those who've seen it

why did the guy from terminus say to Bob that it was ironic (or something on those lines) that it was him they'd caught? Or do we not know?

I assume he had previous with them that we are not aware of?

Also

Had Bob been bitten? I couldn't fathom why else he was crying? In which case, the terminus folks may be on borrowed time?

I thought he was bitten too until

he got knocked out. Now im not so sure.

Answer to first spoiler in here

It gave the impression that he had previously been with the group didn't it, either that or he was part of the group who had tried to overthrow Terminus before and they fought back against, if you recall when Bob joined Ricks crew he was very sketchy about his past.

He isn't in the comics so theres no frame of reference here, Terminus isn't in the comics either so theres no back story either.

However this storyline IS in the comics where a group Kirkman calls the Hunters abduct a member of the group and cut off his leg and eat it, it obviously isn't Bob.

If you really want answers to your questions read the next spoiler...

Answer to second spoiler in here, only read this after reading through first answer above and only if you're sure, this will give something away.

In the comics the character abducted is Dale, as Bob doesn't exist, everything so far in this storyline away from Terminus has been the same as the comics.

In the comics yes, Dale was bitten. So yes Bob will have been too, im not going to go anymore into it, but this part of the comic is one that is very highly regarded and many people say its one of the best storylines, I can't wait to see it play out on TV.

• Upvote 1

its getting a bit confusing which spoilers we can and cant read. I take it as a given that I dont come in here unless I am up to date telly wise, so I personally dont need telly stuff spoilering, but dont want to see any comic spoilers.

can we agree on something?

edited to add - I see salty is the thread starter, i guess its your call!

Edited by t8yman

In which case, my questions were - has Bob had a previous link to Terminus based on what they were saying to him at the end, and had he been bitten?

I was about to post that I disagreed with III's theory on Gabe but then realised that terminus needed to get their food source from somewhere!

And another thing! (Sorry, I have baby brain, some of this may be obvious). When ginger beefcake said to the girl "that's why we wait" after the group had destroyed a load of Walkers, I immediately thought "wait to overpower them/steal weapons" but given where the eposode then went I assume he actually meant "that's why we'll wait to get them on board"?

In which case, my questions were - has Bob had a previous link to Terminus based on what they were saying to him at the end, and had he been bitten?

Presumably yes, we don't know how yet, I expect a flashback episode - that's why I think Bob was the symbol maker in the trees - leading Gareth to them - he must be a mole that's why it's' bad luck' they were starving - hence they only eat his leg

(and Martin was with them so he wasn't dead in the cabin)

perhaps that's why he was crying as he'd shopped them - rather than (as is more likely) he was bitten whilst underwater, he was so happy and now so sad

liking the memes: (http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/10/20/the-walking-dead-gareth-eats-bob-leg-season-5-episode-2/)

B0XWix4CEAAbc_Z.jpg

We know Eugene is lying - as the episode with the lab proved there's no cure, we don't know why they want to get to D.C.

Edited by 5co77ie

i'm torn on that one.

If they were in it for the long game - then it would make sense that Morgan knows about Terminus - he has 'bad meat' written on the wall, and the symbol he saw on the tree is repeated on his blackboard map of Rick's house and area in the episode 'Clear' which I watched again last week - maybe he's been keeping his eye on Terminus, and Terminus has been sending out hunters to catch prey and Bob would be one of these.

I need to see the first episode of this season again now to see if Bob drops any hints. Bob did say he was with two groups previously - and he was the sole survivor.

More likely they cut him a deal, whichever he was clearly delighted to escape Terminus and start his new life. Which make me think perhaps he's not a mole. But he clearly leans against the tree upset - but upset as he's been bit, or upset that he's selling out the group? IOf it's the group then why so happy earlier in the episode?

So, my guess is the long game, and perhaps on seeing the mark on the tree he realises Gareth is coming, and having been bitten plans to save the group by havinag Gareth and co eat him.

Edited by 5co77ie

I've just been thinking did the writers leave a massive easter egg?

Bob turned up in '30 Days Without An Accident' an episode in which Rick is trying to raise pigs to eat and Hershel tells him not to give them names as they are food.

Bob is alone having previously been with two groups he says, did he lead those 2 groups back to Terminus, and he told Daryl he only killed one person. He persuades Sasha to go to Terminus, saying he looks the 'sweetest.'

Back in the prison he heard Patrick coughing/dying and did nothing, perhaps a plan to get them to leave the prison and head for Terminus?

Edited by 5co77ie

Bob is an interesting character, finally, I had no interest when he was doing the drunk storyline earlier but if it was he was drinking because he had done something so terrible as to lead people to Terminus to their death that makes it seem more worthwhile, otherwise the whole drunk storyline just wasn't needed.

As Ive said before Bob doesn't exist in comics so this is a area me and Scottie can fully have a guess about which is nice cus you guys don't know how difficult it is to bite our tongue on other stuff you're talking about.

I haven't really given any comic spoilers away and if I have I've tried to make them clear they are.

Going forward post UK airing this thread is all good to talk about the episode shown without spoilers but anything comic related will be spoiled at all times. Deal?

Going back to Bob what makes you think he is the one doing the tree markings? That group were walking with haste I can't see Bob having the time to do all those markings? I think he was part of the group that tried to overthrow Terminus and he served it somehow, maybe he cut a deal to make the signs leading people to Terminus, I think it will all come out. I like how they've added an extra umph to the storyline.

The interesting thing is Morgan, why would he have gone all the way to Terminus and ended up back where he was, why wouldn't he have warned Rick?