Guest oafc0000

Who should lead Labour  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who should lead Labour

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a very impressive start. But then again everyone likes the new guy. If DM had been up there I personally would have been a lot less receptive to him as he wreaks of the Brown era. The change is refreshing. I can see him winning a lot of disillusioned Libem voters.

It was a very easy speech for him to give though. Be interesting to see how he can handle trade union conferences and the dispatch box at PMQs.

I got the impression he was beginning the process of distancing himself from much of what he was saying during his leadership campaign - a necessary step if he wants to get Labour elected in 2015. Yes he mentioned the fair wage, but he paid tribute to Blair and Brown, guaranteed he wouldnt oppose every cut the tories make and IIRC he warned the unions he would only support them if he felt they were right.

I knew he wouldnt go to an electorate making the centrepiece of his manifesto a 'fair wage' - it would be electoral suicide. But I'm surprised just how quickly he has changed his tune, or rather the tone of his message. He was never likely to be the new Michael Foot, lets face it. If I was a Labour supporter, I think i might be happier now than i was this morning.

Edited by Snufflebutt

I got the impression he was beginning the process of distancing himself from much of what he was saying during his leadership campaign - a necessary step if he wants to get Labour elected in 2015. Yes he mentioned the fair wage, but he paid tribute to Blair and Brown, guaranteed he wouldnt oppose every cut the tories make and IIRC he warned the unions he would only support them if he felt they were right.

I knew he wouldnt go to an electorate making the centrepiece of his manifesto a 'fair wage' - it would be electoral suicide. But I'm surprised just how quickly he has changed his tune, or rather the tone of his message. He was never likely to be the new Michael Foot, lets face it. If I was a Labour supporter, I think i might be happier now than i was this morning.