Drugs at Glastonbury

Guest Daddy Earth

Exactly. Too busy being involved with the morphing jelly feet to be able to connect to the festival itself. That said I'd do mushrooms at the drop of a hat.Never failed to find that experience anything but hilarious - even when I had to hold onto the grass outside my tent because I thought I was going to fly off the planet. Gravity had somehow disappeared.

Oh my god that is so funny : )

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Too busy being involved with the morphing jelly feet to be able to connect to the festival itself. That said I'd do mushrooms at the drop of a hat.Never failed to find that experience anything but hilarious - even when I had to hold onto the grass outside my tent because I thought I was going to fly off the planet. Gravity had somehow disappeared.

Oh my god that is so funny : )

i'm not a user nor do i really see the point in taking them, but a word of warning, the old bill are there in a lot larger numbers than you might think.

I camped near the JPT and saw a group of about 15 scousers setting up a couple of tents, within 10 minutes i had seen at least 5 security walk bys and 2 people pretending to take innocent photo's.The next morning an early morning visit to the long drops i saw all 15 of them were arrested and taken away with lots of stuff in evidence bags, got talking to a uniformed plod and he told me they had been tipped of by people reading t'internet forums and had followed these 'tools' (his words) up to the stone circle got their evidence then nicked the lot, he told me that they had done this at least half a dozen times.

I think if you want take stuff go for it but just be careful of the detail you put places like this.

People are watching!!!

yeah I think its bollox as well.

I've no idea if what he's posted is bollocks or not, but the following are certainly true....

1. the old bill very definitely read these forums (and one has even posted in this thread). Everything that you post you're telling the old bill.

2. the old bill *DO* nick people at Glasto every year, including people for very small possession (rather than just dealers).

3. if you get nicked then it's very possible that you'll be evicted from site and your wristband taken from you so you can't get back into the festival.

4. each post here damages the festival's reputation, and makes the operation of the festival more difficult.

5. each post here causes inconvenience or more to a large number of Glastonbury goers by giving the old bill encouragement to make more searches.

We're all adults, who are free to make our own choices. There's no need for anyone to boast about what they may or may not do, and there's no need to offer encouragement to others.

If you wish to talk about what you consider to be the benefits of taking drugs, or the harms, then those conversations are best done at a place which doesn't cause issues to something unrelated to that such as a festival.

It's one thing to talk of historical goings on, but another entirely to talk about the current situation where the consequences are issues caused to the festival or its attendees. Please, think before you post, eh?

I've no idea if what he's posted is bollocks or not, but the following are certainly true....

1. the old bill very definitely read these forums (and one has even posted in this thread). Everything that you post you're telling the old bill.

2. the old bill *DO* nick people at Glasto every year, including people for very small possession (rather than just dealers).

3. if you get nicked then it's very possible that you'll be evicted from site and your wristband taken from you so you can't get back into the festival.

4. each post here damages the festival's reputation, and makes the operation of the festival more difficult.

5. each post here causes inconvenience or more to a large number of Glastonbury goers by giving the old bill encouragement to make more searches.

We're all adults, who are free to make our own choices. There's no need for anyone to boast about what they may or may not do, and there's no need to offer encouragement to others.

If you wish to talk about what you consider to be the benefits of taking drugs, or the harms, then those conversations are best done at a place which doesn't cause issues to something unrelated to that such as a festival.

It's one thing to talk of historical goings on, but another entirely to talk about the current situation where the consequences are issues caused to the festival or its attendees. Please, think before you post, eh?

Oh do stop it you children. :rolleyes:

He had a good point. Much of what's posted in this thread is out of order, because people weren't thinking of possible consequences beyond what might be their own.

I've not been following this thread, but if I had I'd have posted much the same far sooner than I have done.

Oh do stop it you children. :rolleyes:

He had a good point. Much of what's posted in this thread is out of order, because people weren't thinking of possible consequences beyond what might be their own.

I've not been following this thread, but if I had I'd have posted much the same far sooner than I have done.

The police officer who posts is ccCheese (or something like that), who was posted around here for a couple of years at least and always gives a good view of how the festival went from the police' side of things and comes across as a really decent bloke with a lot of love for the festival and is a great example of how the police at glastonbury behave (as part of the party, helping us all get along, not as buzzkills).

The police officer who posts is ccCheese (or something like that), who was posted around here for a couple of years at least and always gives a good view of how the festival went from the police' side of things and comes across as a really decent bloke with a lot of love for the festival and is a great example of how the police at glastonbury behave (as part of the party, helping us all get along, not as buzzkills).

I saw a fairly well co-ordinated bust at the stone circles last year. Pretty sure he was dealing though.

On the topic of publicising drug use, I'm sure the police, organisers, media, locals, and all other interested parties are more than aware that there is widespread drug use at Glasto, and other festivals. That's not to say that they tolerate it, but I very much doubt that anything (non-specific) posted on here would surprise or influence them in any way.

I'm guessing due to you trying to draw a line under this thread (which is fair enough) that he/she has something to do with the festival or is the police man/woman you mentioned earlier.

No, I'm wanting to draw a line under this thread because someone brought my attention to it, it's childishly stupid with many of its posts, all completely unnecessary, and also damaging to the festival.

So that's 2 now, without any count-back.

On the topic of publicising drug use, I'm sure the police, organisers, media, locals, and all other interested parties are more than aware that there is widespread drug use at Glasto, and other festivals. That's not to say that they tolerate it, but I very much doubt that anything (non-specific) posted on here would surprise or influence them in any way.

You'd be surprised.

It's one thing making assumptions that may or may not be true.

It's another thing entirely to have indisputable solid evidence which can be used by 'the general public' against the festival or as something to beat the police into making bigger anti-drug efforts, or for the police to use to justify an increase their presence at Glastonbury - and at your and my financial expense.

As I've already said, a lot of what's been posted about what may or may not be the current situation with drugs at Glastonbury is completely unnecessary, and potentially damaging to the festival and/or its attendees.

What's so difficult about that for some people to understand? :blink:

If you just have to have a conversation about drugs and glastonbury, have it in the pub with your mates, where you can be certain about who is listening in and that the consequences of what you say are only between you and your mates.

If you want to have a conversation on the internet about drugs in general, then there's plenty of places you can do that without it having to reflect back onto something else such as a festival.

It's completely unnecessary to have those conversations here, where the consequences of what you say can be damaging to the festival.

Edited by eFestivals

There has been some good, uniquely informative stuff on this thread though - like people considering taking their first tab at Glastonbury, and being almost unanimously warned off doing so. Those are Glastonbury festival goers with legitimate questions - I would have thought this place could accomodate them.

I take your point about arming ant-drug arguments with recorded evidence, but really? Is it hard to make the argument that there are drugs being taken at Glastonbury? - there's even a drugs guide on this very site.