1 trip or 2

Guest SGP SOM

Put it this way... If it takes two trips to get all your stuff down at the start of the festival think what it will be like after 5/6 days of glasto and you're knackered out.

I have a 125L bergan and work on the basis that if i can't get something into it then it gets left behind.

less is more at glasto... As long as you have your tent, an air bed, clothes and sanitary products then anything else is simply superficial.

Just been wondering if I should do 2 trips to the car this year, rather than take every thing in 1 go. In previous years we've done one trip which is back breaking especially with a 90 litre ruck sack and 6 man tent but at the same time its all done then. What do you guys think is better 1 trip or 2?

I always go in by public transport, so I have no option but 1. If I had a car I would consider 2 trips though. It's easy to get the bare essentials in 1 trip, but if you want to bring a lot of food, drink and luxuries (Airbeds are pretty heavy) then 2 trips isn't out of the question. But then again, with a car at least you can fit a trolley in there so you can carry more in one trip.

A single back-breaking trip is definitely preferable to two easy trips though, the time you lose in taking more breaks you'll easily gain in time saved.

I envy all you car people <_<

Edited by fowls

Last year i did 1 trip and i was proper f***** b y the time i got to where i wanted to be. At the time i wished i'd done 2 trips.However if i'd known how far i'd have to walk from car to my campsite of choice i'd push myself to the limit and past it and just do 1 trip. If it's hot 1 trip could kill ya not literally, but it would make a lot harder. So i base my decision on number of trips firstly on the weather, how close to pedestrian gate i am, how much i have to carry and how much stuff i've got. So far i'm thinkin 1, but that changes everytime i think about it and how much booze i keep buying :D

Just been wondering if I should do 2 trips to the car this year, rather than take every thing in 1 go. In previous years we've done one trip which is back breaking especially with a 90 litre ruck sack and 6 man tent but at the same time its all done then. What do you guys think is better 1 trip or 2?

Is there any trolleys/wheelbarrows for sale/hire at the site entrance. I dont have to much to carry thankfully (just a backpack) but just wondering about carrying 2 trays of beer as I havnt a clue how long it takes to get to any of the campsites so might be an idea for myself and my mates to chip in for some sort or carrying device thingy

Is there any trolleys/wheelbarrows for sale/hire at the site entrance. I dont have to much to carry thankfully (just a backpack) but just wondering about carrying 2 trays of beer as I havnt a clue how long it takes to get to any of the campsites so might be an idea for myself and my mates to chip in for some sort or carrying device thingy

Since last year we've had to do two trips (snickk snickk) primarily as we're bringing down more beer than we had before and also we have other people's gear to take down as well (woooop woooop). First trip is tents/bedding/chairs, second is rucksacks/food/drink/other. None of us are getting any younger so we take trolleys and there's only so much you can get on one trolley. I'd rather do two trips than screw my back up and miss the festival as a result of being over keen. As we're there Tuesday night we've got more time to get things to/from the van.

Normally two trips - so much easier, wander along, overtaking all the people with bags splitting, trolleys breaking and then get calmly and comforable to camp, set up have a few beers, wait for mates to turn up, all knackered and sweaty. Then wander back to pick up the last bits.

That said, if I fix my bike I'll just load it up like a pack pony and do it in one. Bikes are a million times better than trolleys (IMHO) and you can use them to speed around site for the rest of the fest!

Put it this way... If it takes two trips to get all your stuff down at the start of the festival think what it will be like after 5/6 days of glasto and you're knackered out.

I have a 125L bergan and work on the basis that if i can't get something into it then it gets left behind.

less is more at glasto... As long as you have your tent, an air bed, clothes and sanitary products then anything else is simply superficial.

We've got a wheelchair to use as a trolly, seems pretty sturdy and nice big wheels. Should take most of the bulk. Also makes a nice comfy seat too once we're there.

Is it best to bring all your booze in one go, or maybe bring a couple of crates down ever other day?